Aircraft Mock-Ups

Graeme, my apologies, that is the Bell D188a VTOL project.

Don't ask me why I posted XF-17...

The XF-109 *technically* belonged to a variant of Convair's XF-106 project and it was assumed that if the D188 project were accepted, that would be it's assignment. However, the USN assignment of XF3L-1 would have been the D188's number if accepted by the Navy.

The XF-17 was a Lockheed solid fuel rocket project (really cool looking in it's own right, however)
 

  1. general-dynamics-lunar-excursion-module.jpg
  2. General Dynamics Lunar Excursion Module
    convairgeneral-dynamics-mol-model-.jpg
    General Dynamics Lunar Excursion Module
    General Dynamics Lunar Excursion Module.jpg
    General Dynamics Lunar Excursion Module=.jpg
    General Dynamics Lunar Excursion Module+.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'd be really interested to know what aircraft that is seen in the lower-left background...
(third photo in the post)

Still looking at this one Dave. A Glider of sorts??
I've sent the pic to a smarter man than me - I'll let you know. :thumbleft:
 
Doubting my eyesight now. Is that a high wing or some sort of lectern with engineering drawings on it??

Capture.JPG

Specsavers.jpg
 
I'm not real sure, Graeme...

What's throwing me, is what looks almost like a turboprop exhaust there in tje lower quarter of the nose.

I know they didn't have turboprops back then...but that's what it looks like
 
They have Grumman's version of the moon car at the Cradle of Aviation Museum. When I get back over there I will get some pictures of it. Sadly it is used as decoration at the snack bar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back