aircrafts in "push/pull" configuration

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

carson1934

Senior Airman
Feb 20, 2009
Arezzo, Italy
Enclosed you will find a small list of aircrafts Push/Pull Configuration which I have painstakingly collected
over the last month.
I know this list isn't complete: any help to make it more comprehensive is welcome!
carson1934:):):)

Attachments

• 010004.pdf
    303 KB · Views: 334
OK let's start with some easy adding:

The Savoia-Marchetti S.55
savoia_s-55-1.jpg

EDIT:
I saw in your list the Savoia-Marchetti S.65, what a beatiful racer it was! It was really "a pilot between two engines and little more"!
a647219-155-savoia02.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Here's a rather bizzare one, the Colani C-309. Although this is a model the aircraft was built, but as far as I know never flown. Well, I never heard about the crash anyway :)

scan-5.jpg

Here's a rather bizzare one, the Colani C-309. Although this is a model the aircraft was built, but as far as I know never flown. Well, I never heard about the crash anyway :)

That looks more like a torture device then an airplane.

A few more:
Bolshoi Bal'Tisky B
Caproni Ca.30, 32, 40, 42, 46
Farman F222
Tchetverikov ARK-3

Russian Ka-7

Last edited:
FOKKER KI (M9)

The Fokker KI (M9) with an 80 hp 7-cyl rotary Oberursel UI engine fore and aft of the central nacelle. Anthony Fokker complained that the twin booms flexed too much and the experiment ended.

THE SIEMENS-SCHUCKERT (SSW) DDr I

Crashed on its maiden flight in November 1917...

Last edited:
FOKKER KI (M9)

The Fokker KI (M9) with an 80 hp 7-cyl rotary Oberursel UI engine fore and aft of the central nacelle. Anthony Fokker complained that the twin booms flexed too much and the experiment ended.

THE SIEMENS-SCHUCKERT (SSW) DDr I

Crashed on its maiden flight in November 1917...

Splendid Graeme,
thanks very much for the very rare pics of the Focker and Siemens-Schuckert.
What I'm aiming at is to prepare a listing as complete as possible of aircrafts in push/pull configuration"
(i.e: having both a push and a pull prop in the fuselage, like for instance the Do-335 or the Fokker D/XXIII).
This means excluding all other aircrafts with engine nacelles housing both a push and a pull prop, like for instance the Do-X, many french aircrafts inbetween wars, etc.
I hope I've made my object clear.
Thanks again for putting at my disposal your immense knowledge.
carson1934:):):)

OK let's start with some easy adding:

The Savoia-Marchetti S.55
savoia_s-55-1.jpg

EDIT:
I saw in your list the Savoia-Marchetti S.65, what a beatiful racer it was! It was really "a pilot between two engines and little more"!
a647219-155-savoia02.jpg

Cheers

Hi Marcogrifo,
you are always very helpful and a good friend.
However please have a look of what I wrote Graeme with post #14. This will save you precious searching time!
I know it's my fault I should have indicated more precisely what I was after and I hope I have cleared now any doubt as to the object of my research.
Thanks again and have a nice evening
carson1934

PS Yes indeed, the S-65 was a splendid contraption!

Hi Verner,
thanks very much for the Dornier's and B/36 pics.
However, as explained to Graeme with my yesterday's post #13, these are of little or no use to me because I'm trying to compile a listing of "aircrafts in push/pull configuration", i.e. of aircrafts with both push and pull propellers in or within the fuselage excluding those with engine nacelles housing both a pull and a push prop.
I'm sorry if I didn't make myself sufficiently clear and hope you do not regard me as a nuisance...
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread

Back