Airfield structures and layouts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Uh, guys? Am I the only one having trouble with downloading these files? I keep getting "PDF damaged and could not be repaired" errors.

Funny thing: I actually registered here because of this thread--I've been looking for airfield site and structure plans for a while for both dioramas and miniature wargaming scenarios I'm working up, and if these files would succesfully download they'd be more help than the various Defense Department history offices have been so far.

So far, every German and Japanese-subject file I try has failed. RAF Culmhead worked, as did AAF FM Defense of Airdromes and Airfield Warning Service. Easier to list the successes, it's shorter...

The ones you were able to open were created in version 5.0 and less, whereas the others you are trying to open all appear to have been created in version 7.0. I guess you might need to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader (currently 9.0 I believe). It's the version I have and I was able to open all the files with Japanese or Germen in it's title.

Hopefully that will take care of the problems you are having, if not please let us know.

Btw, welcome aboard.

Thanks--actually I'm running 9.4 IIRC. Could be hiccups in the WiFi, too--for some reason this so-called "broadband" connection seems to be only marginally better than dial-up.

EDIT: Looks like a location-based IT Infrastructure problem was corrupting the downloads. On a different hotspot, and it's workin' like a charm now... Thanks again!

Last edited:
Some russian books.

And picture from unknown book.

Attachments

• RUS_Arch_of_airports (1).pdf
    41.4 MB · Views: 439
  • RUS_GatesOfHangars.pdf
    18.6 MB · Views: 256
  • RUS_Hangars.pdf
    34.8 MB · Views: 396
  • RUS_NAVY_Vr Nastavlenie po morskoy aviacii.pdf
    24.1 MB · Views: 301