Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk.1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
Got this kit from my Dad for my birthday, I've built it for him.

Scratched a base for it, it's still not finished, just needs some beading around the edges, will post pics of the base build for Maglar as he requested :)

SL381990.gif

SL381992.gif

SL381993.gif

SL381995.gif

SL381996.gif

SL381998.gif

I still need to improve on my seam filling and sanding!

Looking ace M, looking very forward to that tutorial. Your kind of base is what I want, except just grass, nothing fancy. If I get good enough maybe I can base that B17.. haha yeah right!

Thanks fellas :)

I haven't done any work on this since thursday, spent a couple of days at the coast. I nearly got trapped on an Coney Island in Sligo by the tide! It was bit scary driving back to the mainland on the causeway with the sea coming in fast!

I believe Triumph ( or someone can't bring the car to mind) made one that could! Funnily enough had a tendancy to rust out badly, but then cars that stay on the road in Europe tend to as well :lol:

1.5 miles of causeway, last half mile was about 12-18" of water! My Mitsubishi handled it no problem. I got it to a service station and power hosed it all over, especially underneath to remove the sand and salt.

My amphibious vehicle

SL380133.jpg

I found a video on youtube of the place. It's taken from the mainland, you can see the causeway markers leading out to the island.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26Rh33JAyo

Very nice build Muller, and glad to hear your DUKW, er, I mean, Mitsubishi got you home OK :lol: I have been considering the Airfix Mk1 Spit as a logical 'partner' to the Hurricane that I have nearly finished. Do you recommend it, or is the Tamiya kit a better buy?

Cheers bombtaxi, I'd go with the Tamiya, although I haven't built the Mk1, their MkVb goes together lovely. This Airfix has 'issues' :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back