Airfix 1/48th F6 Lightning Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi Lads/lass's,

Heres my latest build the Airfix 1/48th Lightning F6, just three days old LOL, if anyone is a real Lightning 'buff' they will know who this plane used to belong too :!:
It is XR728 BA and belonged to Wing Commander John Spencer this aircraft is now at bruntingtonthorpe [where the Vulcan is] but is now in the colour Grey.
No aftermarket stuff was used in this build, just a good imagination, the Wing codes underneath the wings are hand applied/painted 8)
All brush painted appart from the Satin coat.
I just love making these forgotten fighters :cry:

li001-1.gif

li002.gif

li003.gif

li004.gif

li005.gif

li006.gif

li008-1.gif

li009.gif

li010.gif

li011.gif

Thanks for having a look my friends :shock:

ian.

Cracking nice model, Ian! I'm with Les - I can't believe you brush-painted it. The paint job looks better than my airbrush jobs (speaking of which, my @#%%^ airbrush is on the fritz again - I'd go back to brush-painting if I could do it as well as you). The Lightning may be gone, but she is not forgotten.

Venganza

Maaaaan..... I NEED to get a E/E Lightning fix! :lol: Brush painted too....how, what, I mean.....aaaah b*ll*cks! :shock:
So, Ian....what's the ups and down with this lovely lassie, anything to look out for? Spread the Gospel mate! 8) :thumbright:

Just had to have another look Ian, as I like it so much. I just noticed two things though, if you don't mind my pointing them out.
You've got the flaps set like ailerons; these operated down only. The ailerons are on the angle of the wingtips on the Lightning. Also, the canopy only opens fully to a little over 45 degrees. Thought I'd let you know, in case you do the same on the 1/32nd scale brute!!
Must try to get one this time around, as yours has inspired me!

Fantastic!...I can't get over the brush work and your attenton to detail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back