Airfix 1/72 Bf110 VVS/Eastern front GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all
Made a bit more progress did the RLM 71 splinters and mottle but had to use my Badger 200 as the 100 was playing up and refusing to spray half way through even though I had thouroughly cleaned it after its last use. As a result I wasn't able to get as fine a finish and the mottles are too big so I'll redo them when I tidy up the splinter camo.
009-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

You do indeed Wayne I'm going to touch this up when I do the RLM 65 on the long range fuel and oil tanks along with the sides of the fuselage prior to redoing the 02 /71 mottle once I have got the Badger 100 working properly again.

Spent the best part of last night sorting out the badger 100. Took it all to bits and gave it a thourough clean then tried it with the same result of an intermitent spurt in the spray jet , nothing in the way of dirt or bends in the needle that I could see even under magnification but when I tried a needle from one of my aerograph super 63s the spurt was still there but only just. So I carefully gave the badger needle a tickle over with 1200 wet and dry which cured the problem.
I set about giving the 110 a tidy up, firstly redid the RLM65 on the sides of the fuselage and on the underside to get rid of the 04 overspray Then tided up the 02 splinter and redid the mottle on the sides and finished off with the 71 shapening up a few edges and doing the mottle. Will let this alone tonight and make a start on the pencil and pastel work on Sunday.
001-30.jpg

002-31.jpg

003-24.jpg

004-20.jpg

Nice job with the airbrush! Don't you just love the Badger 100 (when it's working that is!). I have a 100G and it's the best all-around airbrush I've ever used.

Last edited:
Cheers all
Glen the only niggle I have with the Badger is the side mounted cup for the paint as it's just a push in fit so it's easily knocked off but apart from that it does a very good job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back