Airfix 1/72 Bf110 VVS/Eastern front GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

magnu

Staff Sergeant
Dec 11, 2007
Cornwall
Username Magnu
Name Lewis
Catagory Intermediate
Kit Airfix Bf110 C-4/B
Scale 1/72
Extras Possibly some scratch building

My third entry into this GB I will be doing this one in conjunction with the Matchbox Bf110 and using it as a guide to improve the detail on it.
Will be doing this one as another Wespen kite SKG 210 Eastern front 1941
012.jpg

013.jpg

Nice one Lewis, and the kit looks like a huge improvement, compared to the original, late 1950s Airfix '110 !!

Good one Lewis. If you're doing "White S", I doubt the wings did not get the white camo wash as shown in the instruction profiles as the wings would have been the most visible parts of the plane on the snow from above. There's a well known photo of this aircraft with badly worn wide camo (below). It's likely the leading edges of the wings have had the white wash completely weathered back to the underlying green but it's doubtfull that it was completely off the wings. Pic of my model of White S is below if you want a reference.

Attachments

• Bf110C-4.jpg
    Bf110C-4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 458
  • 101017 10 OClock.jpg
    101017 10 OClock.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 564
Cheers all
Thanks for the pics Andy I may well do this one without any whitewash as the Matchbox one will be in winter camo.

Made a start on this one last night. Pit is together and painted not going to add any more detail as it cannot be seen once the canopy is on. Gear bays painted and installed, empenage together along with the L/R tanks and bombs.
002-28.jpg

001-27.jpg

It does seem a bit like that Terry. Apart from the La5FN the last 5 builds have been of that ilk with another on hold while I sort out the camo job on it.
I may have to stick to FockWulfs for the next GB just to get some variety
This one is proceeding apace if this is the new standard of Airfix I am a big fan. Everyting so far has fit with no fuss and the joins are practicaly seamless which makes for a much more enjoyable build. Not having to fight and struggle to get things to fit as they should then fill sand and repeat has been a real pleasure.
004-18.jpg

005-12.jpg

I agree, and good to hear that Airfix have got back into the groove. Going to treat myself to their 1/48th Spit XII - been waiting for one for many years!

Thanks All
Got some more done today The only fit issue so far has been the MGs in the nose cone but a quick once over with a .5 drill and they went in OK. Made a start on the spraying with the 65 underside first then the 02 upper and mottle (The instrutions show a splinter camo. down the fuselage sides) which I was very dubious of so opted to do the mottle instead. Just put the theater bands on using Aircraft colours 04 which hasn't gone on that well and will need another coat. The engines and gear doors are temporarily attached to make the spray job easier.
001-29.jpg

002-30.jpg

003-22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back