**** DONE: Matchbox 1/72 Bf110 VVS group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys
Well I decided to give it another coat of matt varnish and just to make sure it was thouroughly stirred I used a bent piece of sprue with a long flat end powered by my Dremel and the end result is just as shiny as the first:banghead:
I do have a spray can of matt varnish but after what happened to the Vampire in the cold war GB I'm loath to use it. I may have a trial at decanting some off , mix it with future and then spray it on.

I was intending to use the future s a thinner for the matt coat from the spray can Vic. I'll sort out a test piece tonight and see how it goes.

Yay! Finaly managed to get a matt finish on it. After masking the canopy I gave the underside of the tail a quick squirt from the spray can and nothing bad happened so gave the top of the tailplane a go and all was as it should be. Let that settle down for a bit just to see if there was going to be a delayed reaction but when checked all was OK so gave the whole thing a light coat let that dry and then touched up a few places and no more shiny Bf110. Just put the aeriel wire on in only two attempts. Will try to get some shots in daylight when the weather improves.
001-1-1.jpg

002-29.jpg

003-23.jpg

002-1-1.jpg

006-13.jpg

005-13.jpg

007-6.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Lewis. I'm wondering if the matt varnish was wrongly 'packaged', maybe being gloss after all. I normally mix Tamiya Flat Base with Future, and spray that, to get a finish anywhere between semi-gloss to full matt, depending on the mix. Works well.

Thanks all
I was thinking the same thing Terry. I'll try and get hold of some flat base on my next away mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back