**** DONE: 1/72 LA-5FN VVS Group build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I decided the underside colour wasn't right so redid that then dd the metal exhaust panels, front part in mithril silver (citadel colours) and the main plate in boltgun metal,also drybrushed some paint chips at the wing roots. Penciled in the hinge lines on the flaps aelerons and elevators. Then applied some pastels to the underside and exhausts. Put the rudder and spinner on, gave it two coats of future. Although I gave it a thourgh clean beforehand it picked up a lot of dust in the drying stage so I am now going over the whole thing with a worn out piece of 1000 wet and dry which has smoothed it down and got rid of the lumps and bumps.
005-1.jpg

004-4.jpg

002-8.jpg

001-8.jpg

Made some more progress along with a bit of a disaster last night. Got the decals on and the undercart and put the sealing coat of future on all OK. Then decied to have a go at masking the canopy , wasn't happy with the result so peeled the tape off and cleaned the sticky residue off with white spirit. The canopy insantly turned milky white so out with the tothpaste and scrub away just starting to get to a resonable finish more transparent than opaque and SNAP it breaks. The only upside was the break occured along the lines of the frame so glued it and when dry dipped it in future. The end result is not perfect but is far better than the milky white mess that I started with.
001-9.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Thanks for the kind words folks.
I'm pretty happy with this overall considering what went wrong during the build, but I think I'll redo the top ariel wire before I put a finished thread up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back