**** DONE: 1/48 La-5FN – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Split Build, GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Vic. That's what i did with my Hurricane canopy (Home moulded), and also added rails to the cockpit coaming, for a realistic-looking 'sit'.

Thanks Wayne, Terry, Hugh and Andy for your kind comments.

It is done. I got the cockpit fitted today and sorted a couple of other things out so am now considering it done.

In all the kit was not bad, I did find the plastic very soft and on some of the smaller bits there was a tendency for them to either bend easily or just snap off, particularly near an area where there was a reduction in plastic thickness.

As for my efforts, a couple of mishaps in the later stages, namely the colour brown and the La-5s freefall have not been without scaring. I had to repaint the brown colour and this was done by hand with enamel paint which I read is not very compatible over acrylic, this proved to be the case and the brown is a bit blotchy in places. As for the freefall, you know about that and though repaired I never again felt as though this build would come up to scratch. Anyway, enough said, here are some pics and please accept my apology on the focus quality, they were taken under light as it's just to bl**dy cold and windy to go outside in what light we have today.

110511-1B.jpg

110511-1D.jpg

110511-1C.jpg

110511-1F.jpg

110511-1H.jpg

110511-1G.jpg

110511-1J.jpg

Thanks Dirk, hope to get the finished shots done sometime this week, weather permitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back