**** DONE: 1/48 Fw 190A-5 – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gentlemen for kind comments, not so sure it's so deserve it, but I'll be honest and say ;I like it'.
lol-022.gif

It's been a good progressive day with only one minor problem when I had a bit of the undercart 'ping' into oblivion. Luck the small bits box had something that could be used as a replacement with just a wee modification.

So the decals are all in place and I've been doing some very subtle weathering and as you can see the undercart and bomb rack are now in place. Tomorrow should see me almost finished with the exception of the aerial wire, I'm going to have a go at stretched sprue which has always eluded me in the past, so wish me luck. Anyway folks here are a few more pics of today's progress.

110415-1A.jpg
110415-1B.jpg
110415-1E.jpg
110415-1C.jpg
110415-1D.jpg
110415-1F.jpg

Vic, fantastic work mate!

I have to agree with Andy. Discussed this once with Wojtek a long time ago, and we came to the conclusion that if ETC rack was fitted, the doors were removed.

Two very minor points too: may just be the photos, but to me the outer wing cannons seem to be pointing outwards a little, and I think the main undercarriage should be straked more forward. Sits a little too upright to me. (Sorry, don't mean to nitpick!)

Evan

Thanks guys, as usual your comments are much appreciated.

Beauty Vic! Not sure but could it be the inner gear doors were removed when the central ETC rack was fitted?

Thanks also to you Andy, I was wondering why the kit came without them and the ones I had fitted were scratch built, so now I have some spares. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vic, fantastic work mate!

I have to agree with Andy. Discussed this once with Wojtek a long time ago, and we came to the conclusion that if ETC rack was fitted, the doors were removed.

Two very minor points too: may just be the photos, but to me the outer wing cannons seem to be pointing outwards a little, and I think the main undercarriage should be straked more forward. Sits a little too upright to me. (Sorry, don't mean to nitpick!)

Evan

No I don't think your nit picking Even, in fact you're a star, first of all for confirming Andy's comment and for pointing out that leg problem, I was thinking it seemed to be sitting to high. The legs have been removed an repositioned though I have to say, not without a lot of non-publishable words. Also good spotting on the cannon as well, looking at it this morning, the outer port cannon was slightly out of line, nothing like a few camera shots to highlight the defects in a build.

No pics today I'm afraid, I need to sort out a couple of minor problems first, not liking the way the prop looks and the undercart still need some attention so I hope to get these things sorted tomorrow.

I think I have gone as far as I can go with this one, maybe just a bit of dust on the spinner and props to remove some of the shine. As things go it was not to bad a kit to work with, which is just as well as I have a couple more in the stash. Am not too happy with the undercart, after realigning one collapsed on me when I set the kite down rather heavy and I've not been able to get it back as I like it. Also had dramas today with fitting the aerial it would not set in position on the canopy and then I broke it. There was nothing for it but to start again with a new bit of stretched sprue a 'Bobby's Buckle' and some bits of cable tube and in the end I got it to work.

110417-1B.jpg
110417-1A.jpg
110417-1D.jpg
110417-1C.jpg
110417-1E.jpg
110417-1F.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back