**** DONE: 1/48 Fw 190A-5 – VVS/Eastern Front 1941-45 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Lewis and thanks again Wayne and rest assured if needed I will SHOUT.

Thanks Wojetk, would have responded sooner but ran out of megs on the 29th March even after purchasing an extra couple thousand, mind you have been downloading many books for future reference so now have a good stack of reference material now on PDF. It wasn't worth forking out for another 1,000 meg just for days remaining in March so we just hung in there with a very slow, mostly hanging web connection. Got a new lot of megs on 1st April but then got caught up in socializing whirl which is a bu@@er when one just wants to model.

Anyway back in the swing now and hope to get some pics uploaded tonight.

Here we are then, the latest.

As mentioned earlier I had some trepidation over the possibility of fitting Eduard etched detail into this kit. I had no need to worry as when doing a dry fit I'd noticed that the fuselage would have to be splayed quite a bit at the bottom in order to close a huge gaps between it and the upper wing root edges. So fitting the etched cockpit tube did widen the wing root reasonably well but I still had to add a spacer.

110403-1A.png

Here we have the remainder of the seat harnesses fitted. This could not be done until the cockpit tube and seat had been positioned and sealed within the fuselage.

110403-1C.png

This is the instrument panel within the fuselage, sadly little of it's magnificence can be seen.

110403-1D.png
110403-1E.png

The spacer bar fitted to extend the rear of the wing root area, sadly I was unable to find sufficient purchase forward of the cockpit tube for a second spacer so I did end up with a small gap either side.

110403-1F.png
110403-1G.png

I have also realised that the Dragon kits are deficient of undercarriage doors, it has the two main doors that are fixed to the oleo legs but lacks the two smaller doors. So nothing else for it but to scratch a couple up.

110403-1H.png

Here we are almost ready for the first spray.

110403-1J.png
110403-1K.png

The next bit I thought could do with improvement is the gunsight. As can be just about seen the lens is far too large in proportion to the kit scale so I cut this off and fashioned a new one. Unfortunately though this little bit became a 'ping' and got gobbled by the carpet gremlin, so I had to make a new one which is now fitted. Note the armour plating side panel, compliments of Eduard.

110403-1L.png

Lastly the main canopy intricate mechanism which permits the canopy to be open or closed when fitted.

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Am cleaning up the rough bits, filling, filing and sanding and will hopefully be ready to spray soon.

Here's just a couple of pics to keep the tempo up, she's ready for the first top spray which will be the RLM 04 Yellow forming the fuselage band at the back end and just a smattering of spray on the underside of the wing tips.

110406-1A.png
110406-1B.png

A bit of yellow paint going on these spots.

110406-1C.png

Thought I'd add this one for fun. The brass cannon being test fitted and I thought the little rays of sunshine would cheer some of you lesser fortunate folks who don't see the sun to often......:p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back