Airfix 1/72 Lockheed Hudson I - Quick start to finish build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You might be able to make the missing windows using PVA, although the openings might be just a tad too large for it to work.
Using a cocktail stick or similar, spread the PVA around the edges of the opening, and move across until it fills the window. Leave to dry, and it should form a clear 'skin'.
It works on opening up to about 1/4 inch - any larger, and it'll either still form a clear film, but have a depression in the center, or it'll just form part of the 'window' around the edges, with a hole in the middle !
If it doesn't work, the the 'film' can easily be peeled off, leaving a clean opening. Windows without glazing may look better than glazing with frosty glue marks.

Thanks for this idea Terry. If this was a model that would ever be on display then I'd go with that approach. Reality is, it's going up in the attic in a box so I'm just going to bodge them in to get this build out of the way.

Time to display it, quick before something else happens.

Display! I wish, no chance with my Mrs and kids around.

Seriously through, this was just a build to get me back into the swing of things and to use up the last kit I had knocking about. It's served it's purpose well.

Ok it's curtains for the Hudson.

RDF antenna is MIA, maybe one day I'll get around to scratching one for it. Off to the attic it trot's.

Managed to get the windows back in.
Some very liberally applied and inaccurate weathering and it's done.

Pretty unhappy with the way it's turned out, but had to get it done to get back into modelling.

395D4EE6-84D2-45FD-8257-9B5B3162EBC2.jpeg

C5AAF929-E922-4956-96CD-3FEC7640D94B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back