Airfix Dogfights Doubles Spitfire Mk.1a vs Bf-110

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure about that one, whether it's newer mouldings or not. Most of the 'Dogfight Doubles' kits date from the mid 1960s, with all that goes with that. Even then, some of these were considered basic, to say the least - but then, that's what the majority of kits were like almost 50 years ago.

I received the single Spitfire Mk.I kit a few days ago. And I must say that the new tool Airfix kits look very good. I compared halves of the model fuselage and wings to scale drawings of 1/72. No problems with fitting to them. Also fitting of all parts is nice. I have aready ordered the entire rest of Spitfire kits.

If you mean the kit....

8b9a4d3b8b3c84a2f832985d9c174254.jpg

or

A50128_31473_Qty1_1.jpg

.... here you can see the 50128 kit in pictures

Messerschmitt BF110C/D and Supermarine Spitfire model do sklejania Airfix 50128

Great box art on those kits too! I just bought Airfix's 1:48 Bf109e-1,-3,-4 kit. It looks like a really nice kit,good cockpit detail, nice 'weighted' tyres and even an option for Galland's telescope in the windscreen. It also has options for rudder, flaps and ailerons to be in 'lifelike' positions. Excellent decals by cartograf too-perfect register and very very thin. I'd say, with their new kits, they rival, if not surpass Tamiya.

I think the Bf110 was a bit of a silly thing to send up against spitfires! The immense difficulty of flying a twin piston on a single engine (the first thing the RAF did when attacking Bf110s was to try take out an engine), the subsequent loss of speed and the complexity of maintaining such a machine in the field meant that, to me at least, the '110 was a very bad idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back