Airlines and Manufacturers of the 1920's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Krabat42

Senior Airman
Jun 19, 2006
Munich
Hello experts,

this is a collection of pins from a former BMW aeroengine mechanic, collected in the 1920's and maybe early 1930's. Most of them are easily recognizable, but for some others we are without a clue. I marked them with numbers and if some of you are able to help us, I would be very glad. No. 5 is probably the czech aeroengine producer Walter but I haven's seen this logo so far, so I incuded it just to be sure. I'm also not sure about the F-13 directly below the No.1, but I think it is just an F-13 without a special meaning.

Krabat

Just to keep you informed: Walter (5) is confirmed now and 1. is a czech pilot's badge from the 1930's. 2, 3 and 4 are still unknown.

Krabat

No, not mine. We (which means our archives) got it from the children of a former employee. Got a lot of other material too, pictures etc. We will give it all back after we made scans, also the pins will be given back. But before that, we will try to identify all of them. If I remember it correctly, a colleague of mine wrote an article about the guy, I can send you the file if you are interested. Must have been an interesting life touring Europe in the 1920's and repairing aircraft engines everywhere.

Thanks Flyboy, yes the No.1 are czech pilot wings, we found that out too. Since he was not a pilot but a mechanic, it might be an interesting story how he got them. Unfortunately he cannot tell us anymore.

Folks, please take a look at this, regarding No. 3:

Herstellerportät Markes Co. KG, Lüdenscheid

Dux was mostly producing technical toys but also many other technical appliances and accessories. It was a brand of

Axialkugellager, Tragrollenlager, Lagerhalter, Spezialkugellager, Laufröllchen, Rollenboden, Tiefziehteile

since 1904 producing mostly metal sheets, today still a leading producer of ball bearings.

Anyone can confirm or deny this guess?

Yes, I found a Dux ad in "Deutscher Flugzeugbau" 1942 and it was slightly different to the one of the website. It had a double ring, but more narrow. May well be.

We got another one: No. 4 is DERULUFT. Now there's a central thread emerging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back