AirVenture 2016

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great pics again Paul, and thanks for that aerial shot.
It's certainly a big field, although perhaps not quite as large as I imagined. The problem here in the UK, especially since the new rules were introduced this year, is space. We have big enough venues, such as Fairford where RIAT is held, but not all of the airfield can be used, and then there's the problem of over-flying the surrounding districts, and the traffic-flow on the ground.
Being a relatively small lump of rock, it doesn't take much to cause a (vehicle) traffic grid-lock, and the airspace is almost as crowded as it was during WW2 !!
Some day, I gotta to get to one of the big shows in the 'States !
As Paul stated in his photo, it is only part of the airfield, Here is the other half, minus the seaplane base. The area in Pauls photo is to the left.
aerial.jpg

Nah, I thought the A-20 was supposed to show up at this airshow. Any news?

Andy, she was suppose to show up but was a no show. Not sure why. All I know is the owner also owns the Russian B-25 and that was what showed up. I was disappointed as well but not much I can do about it.

Thanks for that pic, WW2R.
I take back what I said - that place is almost as big as Wales !!!
I'd need to re-charge the battery on my mobility scooter three times, just to get around half of it !!

Thanks guys, the guy in the center of this picture is Dick Cole, he was the co-pilot of Jimmy Doolittle's plane during the B-25 raid on Japan, the woman is Doolittle's grand daughter. Was there to listen to a presentation by the two of them.

DSC_0168.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back