Alex's Pic Thread: Welsh Ramblings and Long Awaited Dreams

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice pics Terry! The Hawks have been busy the last few days. We've had a few of the big boys around too (Spotted a GR4 and F-15 buzzing round the otherday)

Also saw a Chinook in the Ogwen valley the otherday, chatted to a walker and apparently he was touching down on one of the peaks! Sadly I was at the bottom of the valley, and couldn't get a good shot :( It would of made a killer picture...

Some of mine from Rhosneiger (Apologies for quality, old laptops hard drive went with the full quality pics on)
6541_10151333426917099_1966955130_n.jpg

377699_10151333429462099_1543598885_n.jpg

468129_10151451192917099_664739569_o.jpg

Beaut shots Alex.
Me and Mick (and maybe Karl) are hoping to get down to the camp site, at the end of Valley's runway at Rhosneiger, for a couple of days sometime this summer. I'll let you know when we're going.

Beaut shots Alex.
Me and Mick (and maybe Karl) are hoping to get down to the camp site, at the end of Valley's runway at Rhosneiger, for a couple of days sometime this summer. I'll let you know when we're going.

8) Let me know and I'll see if I'm around!

Saw this photo from Defence Images the other day, cooler than penguins pee...
1796698_746063112095029_174639511_n.jpg

Mountain pond between Y Garn and Y Glyder
photo 5b.jpg

View looking down towards the smaller Menai Bridge from the war memorial...
photo 41.jpg

Wasn't happy with how this one turned out, I was playing round with editing. Couldn't get rid of the sunlight patches, I'm sure there's a technical name for it... :rolleyes:
IMG_0858.jpg

Last edited:
More good stuff - and the tech name is 'flare'. It's extraneous light, caused by back reflection from a nearby object, dirt or grease marks on a lens etc etc or, in this case, refracted light from the cameras own prism(s).
And I'm sure there must be a tongue-twisting, unpronounceable, forty letter Welsh word for the pond or mountain tarn !

More good stuff - and the tech name is 'flare'. It's extraneous light, caused by back reflection from a nearby object, dirt or grease marks on a lens etc etc or, in this case, refracted light from the cameras own prism(s).
And I'm sure there must be a tongue-twisting, unpronounceable, forty letter Welsh word for the pond or mountain tarn !

What do you mean tongue twisting and unpronounceable!? ;) :lol:
7924604274_1ec6fc188d.jpg

:lol:

great pics alex, you too Dogsbody, love the pic of the Hawks !

and i agree only remember Wales as being cold and wet !

Thanks Karl! 8)
I'm back in the Midlands now for a week or so, tropical! ;)

Good shots Alex!

Thank you once again!

I am off to Aberystwyth tomorrow. Hopefully some decent photos to come.

I've had definite dates for selection; 9th - 10th May...I've been endorsed by the Parachute Regiment, so providing I meet their criteria at selection, I'll be on their first weekend intake on the 13th June. It'll give me a solid 6 months training to get ready for 'P Company'. Selections the day after my birthday, so fingers crossed!

While thinking of memories of 'wet and windy Wales' I remembered this photo. It's not a severe case of dandruff either :lol:...
photo (6).jpg

Took this one whilst lost on the road, somewhere near Pwllheli...
IMG_0198.jpg

Llyn Ogwen in the winter...
IMG_0264.jpg

Good stuff Alex. Seeing you're used to tabbing around the cuds in Wales, then given you retain the right mental attitude, you should p**s 'P' Company.

Good stuff Alex. Seeing you're used to tabbing around the cuds in Wales, then given you retain the right mental attitude, you should p**s 'P' Company.

I'm focusing on cardio at the moment, with a tab here and there. Once I've passed selection and the timed 1.5 miler, I'm switching to upper body gym work (Not completely axing running though). I'm a pretty slim chap, 6" 0 and 70kg, so fancy packing on a few pounds beforehand. Also I've just seen your email, I'll drop you a reply after dinner...sorry it's taken so long Terry!

No problem mate. Six feet eh? Taller than the average drag-arse Para then - might have to duck when exiting the Herc !

It could be worse; my friend in the tabbing shot is 6" 7, he has to duck for everything :lol:

Me heading back down from 'Devils Kitchen', the peaks were covered in snow and the weather turned pretty badly, so no summit that day...
photo (7).jpg

Took this one by shear chance, makes me giggle everytime I see it. My friend was stood slightly behind the other and reached down for his stuff at the perfect moment...
photo 1.jpg

Sunrise during a rest break whilst heading to the summit of Snowdon at 0745 on a cooold morning...
photo (8).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back