Alex's Pic Thread: Welsh Ramblings and Long Awaited Dreams

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

With all above. :thumbright:

\\:D/

Absolutely beautiful. Would like to hike there...

Pretty sure I'd have a hard time keeping up. Great shots.

Thanks guys, it's a lovely part of the country. A shame that the lack of work in N. Wales attracts utter scumbags and wasters in some places :rolleyes:

Nice to have the home comforts again for the time being, chilling with my dog earlier today... 8)
IMG_0930.jpg

That dog has some head of hair!

Yeah; he's had a trim today! :D

Nice photos Alex.:thumbright:

Thank you Aaron! :)

Went to a meet today in Whitchurch today, and an old fella turned up with a bike covered in Falklands War artwork...
'Always remembered, never forgotten. Falklands 1982' Resizing messed the resolution up
IMG_0936.jpg

...Turns out he was at the Falklands, ex-2 PARA. We had a good convo about the Reg...mainly horror stories :p

I've found my calling in life...anyone got £12k?
IMG_0943.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while now, dissertation deadline is next Thursday morning so I'm focusing on getting that done at the moment :)

Also have Army selection two weeks tomorrow! Then three exams in May...it's gonna be a fun month :rolleyes:

Ended up on the odd world of Anglesey today.... :confused:
IMG_1051.jpg

Seemingly standard lake...? Actually the site of perhaps druidic ritual and human sacrifices! :lol:
They dragged up a vast array of votive offerings a while back; swords, chariots, slave chains n all. Interesting stuff for anyone else into classics..
Artefacts from Llyn Cerrig Bach | National Museum Wales
IMG_1059.jpg

The Welsh, proving even in the past they were a bunch of nutters...
After this a garrison was imposed on the conquered natives, and the groves devoted to their savage rites cut down; for it was part of their religion to drench their altars with the blood of captives and to consult their gods by means of human entrails.
Charming.

Looking out towards Holyhead 'mountain'...
IMG_1063.jpg

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow morning, nice and early... There's a lot more historical sites on Anglesey I'd like to visit soon :)

Just a beautiful area.

Nice shots!

Thanks guys! Glad that people are still interested. All are now being taken with an iPhone 5. There seems to be a problem with my cameras lenses, and it keeps telling me to 'turn it off and back on' :( I've done it numerous times but it appears to be stuck... it's not the first time that this has happened, and now its out of warranty! :( Bummer.

Edit; may have just started bidding on an SLR (Nikon D3100) :p

Last edited:
Good stuff Alex. One of my cameras, replacing my old 35mm Olympus SLRs, is the D3100. I didn't like it at first, as it has so many features where I'd rather have more immediate manual control, but now that I'm getting used to it, I feel it's a good bit of kit. If you get it, I may have a Sigma 300mm zoom lens (with macro facility), used once only, going at a reasonable price, since I bought a Nikon zoom lens, if you're interested.
Let me know if you want me to take it with me to DX in May.

Good stuff Alex. One of my cameras, replacing my old 35mm Olympus SLRs, is the D3100. I didn't like it at first, as it has so many features where I'd rather have more immediate manual control, but now that I'm getting used to it, I feel it's a good bit of kit. If you get it, I may have a Sigma 300mm zoom lens (with macro facility), used once only, going at a reasonable price, since I bought a Nikon zoom lens, if you're interested.
Let me know if you want me to take it with me to DX in May.

I've seen the youtube tutorials and reviews, and it seems like a good bit of kit and will be a decent entry level SLR. Should be booking tickets on Monday if the bank looks healthy enough! :)

Nice shots Alex!

Thanks for checking back again!

Once again, I'm glad people are still interested. It gives me a bit of purpose to getting the bike out and going round taking snaps of what I see! Cheers :D Looking forward to having an SLR so I can get some better quality piccies. Til then, here's some more from this morning...

Set off at 0715, nice and early. Stopped off at Beaumaris Castle...
IMG_1105.jpg

Looking back towards mainland and Llandundo...
IMG_1107.jpg

Popped into Aberlleiniog Castle....Not much left now mind. Welsh burnt it down being violent as per usual and it was rebuilt in stone during the late 1400's/1500's...
aimg.png

IMG_1122.jpg

Climbed up an old hillfort and took this overlooking Anglesey...
IMG_1150.jpg

Pics seem to be slightly distorted from paint resize; can anyone recommend something that won't degrade the quality too much?

Last edited:

:cool:

More nice shots there Alex. I'll bring the Sigma zoom to DX, and you can try it out.

Cheers Terry! I'll probably just be keeping it to DX, heading down Saturday and leaving Sunday evening. I'm planning on staying round N. Wales and making the most of it with my mates as we'll be going our seperate ways from June 4th.

OK mate, no problem. I'll give the camp site a call on Monday, see if they can fit you in next to us and make a provisional booking. I'll lt you know once I've spoken to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back