"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From this link:

Rasmussen said: "If Nato cannot agree on a clear path forward for Ukraine, there is a clear possibility that some countries individually might take action. We know that Poland is very engaged in providing concrete assistance to Ukraine. And I wouldn't exclude the possibility that Poland would engage even stronger in this context on a national basis and be followed by the Baltic states, maybe including the possibility of troops on the ground.

"I think the Poles would seriously consider going in and assemble a coalition of the willing if Ukraine doesn't get anything in Vilnius. We shouldn't underestimate the Polish feelings, the Poles feel that for too long western Europe did not listen to their warnings against the true Russian mentality."

He said it would be entirely legal for Ukraine to seek such military assistance.

While I admire Polish support and think it is right, it should be remembered that while they or other NATO members can take individual action, that doesn't commit NATO to any conflict. And quite frankly I wouldn't mind us Americans ending this shit forthwith if it didn't entail the risk of global nuclear war, going without NATO. But you and I know that ain't gonna happen.

remove wings and use a C-17 or similar?
86461794_2792385357655315_7999767310564851712_o.jpg
That'd work!

What nitwits would not include a battery in a system if it (the battery) were necessary to operate it?

It may make sense.

Does the battery have a shelf life? If yes they need to be supplied separately.

Does the battery internally fail and expand or leak corrosive compouds? If yes they need to be supplied separately.

I still find it surprising that outside of a trio of ex-RN Sea Kings there have been zero West-designed combat or even recon or transport aircraft sent to Ukraine.
There is probably the maintenance issue in that. Other countries can't send aircraft that need ground crew sent as well. That would
be seen as 'foreign' intervention ? There are surveillance aircraft operating from other countries to feed Ukraine with vital info as well
which is important.

It's a lot the same as tank supplies. The backup structures need to be set up to ensure these things keep running. It would still be better
if it could all happen faster though.

If Hornets are to be sent is there somewhere in between where they could be shipped and then flown to Ukraine ? What is the ferry range
for these planes ?

There is probably the maintenance issue in that. Other countries can't send aircraft that need ground crew sent as well. That would
be seen as 'foreign' intervention ? There are surveillance aircraft operating from other countries to feed Ukraine with vital info as well
which is important.

It's a lot the same as tank supplies. The backup structures need to be set up to ensure these things keep running. It would still be better
if it could all happen faster though.

If Hornets are to be sent is there somewhere in between where they could be shipped and then flown to Ukraine ? What is the ferry range
for these planes ?
I still say skip the Hornets and focus on the F-16s. Supporting and maintaining just one NATO fighter will test Ukraine. Adding a second just doubles the trouble. There's no shortage of F-16s, only the willpower, until now to provide them.

Last edited:
I still find it surprising that outside of a trio of ex-RN Sea Kings there have been zero West-designed combat or even recon or transport aircraft sent to Ukraine.
NATO is providing Ukraine with recon support that would be difficult for Ukraine to operate themselves, both in Satellite telemetry and airborn electronic surveillance - the RAF RC-135 that Russia messed with recently, is one of many that's currently on station.

for these planes ?
One they are offloaded, they'd need to be prepped and so on.

There are several countries that would be the most expedient destinations both for unloading/prepping and then flying in to Ukraine proper:
Poland, Romania or Bulgaria - all of which have a logistics base that could support such an operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back