"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a thought mostly for BiffF15 BiffF15 How long to convert Ukraine pilots to be better than just sufficient on the F-16? This is cheating but use yourself as an example. I bring this up because I had a thought (yes it was lonely), went to this site.... https://www.f-16.net/units_airforce156.html and saw a huge resource, no training required. Keep in mind its a bit dated. What if the U.S. government went to these pilots and said.....

1686239279669.png

Total secrecy of course

Everything including engines needs to be preserved when being transported.

Naval aircraft are a corrosion nightmare. A never ending battle.
It must have been even worse for land based aircraft moved to carriers, like the Seafire. Or there was a lot of changes to make it work beforehand. While I realize it's not a direct comparison because the naval variant came first, how did a USN Phantom II compare to the USAF Phantom II?

Just a thought mostly for BiffF15 BiffF15 How long to convert Ukraine pilots to be better than just sufficient on the F-16? This is cheating but use yourself as an example. I bring this up because I had a thought (yes it was lonely), went to this site.... F-16.net - The ultimate F-16, F-35 and F-22 reference and saw a huge resource, no training required. Keep in mind its a bit dated. What if the U.S. government went to these pilots and said.....
I would not be surprised if like, during the Spanish Civil War, or Battle of Britain that F-16 qualified pilots from the USA or other noncombatants join the Ukrainian air force.

From ISW:

The destruction of the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (KHPP) dam is significantly changing the geography and topography of the Kherson frontline sector in southern Ukraine. Near-infrared (NIR) imagery captured at 0400 am ET on June 7 indicates that the flooding is heavily disrupting Russian prepared defensive positions on the east (left) bank of the Dnipro River – especially affecting Russian first-line positions in Hola Prystan and Oleshky. Various sources reported that Oleshky, Hola Prystan, Kozacha Laheri, and Dnipryany are almost entirely flooded with water levels rising to the height of a one-story buildings in some areas.[1] The Ukrainian headquarters established to remediate the consequences of the dam's destruction reported that as of June 7 29 settlements are partially or fully flooded, 19 of which are located on the Ukrainian-controlled territory and 10 on Russian occupied territories.[2] Russian sources published footage indicating that water had begun receding in Nova Kakhovka and had dropped by 30cm.[3] Russian sources also claimed that water levels decreased by three to four meters in some areas from a high of 10 meters.[4] Water levels in nearby Mykolaiv City reportedly increased by 70cm as of June 7.[5] Flooding will likely worsen and further change the geography in Kherson Oblast over the next 72 hours.

The destruction of the KHPP dam is affecting Russian military positions on the eastern bank of the Dnipro River. The flooding has destroyed many Russian first line field fortifications that the Russian military intended to use to defend against Ukrainian attacks. Rapid flooding has likely forced Russian personnel and military equipment in Russian main concentration points in Oleshky and Hola Prystan to withdraw. Russian forces had previously used these positions to shell Kherson City and other settlements on the west (right bank) of Kherson. Ukrainian Southern Operational Command Spokesperson Nataliya Humenyuk stated that Russian forces relocated their personnel and military equipment from five to 15 kilometers from the flood zone, which places Russian forces out of artillery range of some settlements on the west (right bank) of the Dnipro River they had been attacking.[6] The flood also destroyed Russian minefields along the coast, with footage showing mines exploding in the flood water.[7] Kherson Oblast Occupation Head Vladimir Saldo, however, claimed that the destruction of the KHPP is beneficial to the Russian defenses because it will complicate Ukrainian advances across the river.[8] Saldo's assessment of the situation ignores the loss of Russia's first line of prepared fortifications. The amount of Russian heavy equipment lost in the first 24 hours of flooding is also unclear.

From ISW:

The destruction of the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (KHPP) dam is significantly changing the geography and topography of the Kherson frontline sector in southern Ukraine. Near-infrared (NIR) imagery captured at 0400 am ET on June 7 indicates that the flooding is heavily disrupting Russian prepared defensive positions on the east (left) bank of the Dnipro River – especially affecting Russian first-line positions in Hola Prystan and Oleshky. Various sources reported that Oleshky, Hola Prystan, Kozacha Laheri, and Dnipryany are almost entirely flooded with water levels rising to the height of a one-story buildings in some areas.[1] The Ukrainian headquarters established to remediate the consequences of the dam's destruction reported that as of June 7 29 settlements are partially or fully flooded, 19 of which are located on the Ukrainian-controlled territory and 10 on Russian occupied territories.[2] Russian sources published footage indicating that water had begun receding in Nova Kakhovka and had dropped by 30cm.[3] Russian sources also claimed that water levels decreased by three to four meters in some areas from a high of 10 meters.[4] Water levels in nearby Mykolaiv City reportedly increased by 70cm as of June 7.[5] Flooding will likely worsen and further change the geography in Kherson Oblast over the next 72 hours.

The destruction of the KHPP dam is affecting Russian military positions on the eastern bank of the Dnipro River. The flooding has destroyed many Russian first line field fortifications that the Russian military intended to use to defend against Ukrainian attacks. Rapid flooding has likely forced Russian personnel and military equipment in Russian main concentration points in Oleshky and Hola Prystan to withdraw. Russian forces had previously used these positions to shell Kherson City and other settlements on the west (right bank) of Kherson. Ukrainian Southern Operational Command Spokesperson Nataliya Humenyuk stated that Russian forces relocated their personnel and military equipment from five to 15 kilometers from the flood zone, which places Russian forces out of artillery range of some settlements on the west (right bank) of the Dnipro River they had been attacking.[6] The flood also destroyed Russian minefields along the coast, with footage showing mines exploding in the flood water.[7] Kherson Oblast Occupation Head Vladimir Saldo, however, claimed that the destruction of the KHPP is beneficial to the Russian defenses because it will complicate Ukrainian advances across the river.[8] Saldo's assessment of the situation ignores the loss of Russia's first line of prepared fortifications. The amount of Russian heavy equipment lost in the first 24 hours of flooding is also unclear.

So basically, Russia with it's infinite wisdom, screwed itself by wrecking the dam.

As far as interfering with Ukraine's planned offensive, I have doubts that it will, since I suspect Ukraine weren't going to risk exposing their resources with a water crossing in an area that is well defended.

So basically, Russia with it's infinite wisdom, screwed itself by wrecking the dam.

As far as interfering with Ukraine's planned offensive, I have doubts that it will, since I suspect Ukraine weren't going to risk exposing their resources with a water crossing in an area that is well defended.

It could have been done with the aim of forcing the Ukrainians past Zaporizhe.

Last edited:

As SaparotRob SaparotRob would say, master strategist. Everything is going according to plan

Especially when their opponent could flood the battle area.

Just a thought mostly for BiffF15 BiffF15 How long to convert Ukraine pilots to be better than just sufficient on the F-16? This is cheating but use yourself as an example. I bring this up because I had a thought (yes it was lonely), went to this site.... https://www.f-16.net/units_airforce156.html and saw a huge resource, no training required. Keep in mind its a bit dated. What if the U.S. government went to these pilots and said.....

Total secrecy of course
You mean like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back