"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

In 2014, the Azov unit, by its own drill Sgt's, account ,was 50% Nazi. Their words, not mine. Their own official spokesperson claimed it was "only" 10-20%.

So is the word of their own representatives to be taken seriously? Was that Sgt. a Russian plant? The spokesperson as well? Possible, not likely. Were the avowed Nazis purged in the 8 years since?

Hard to say, but we do know that the Trump Administration specifically exempted them by name from receiving US Arms. US Senators from either party have mentioned this problem of Nazification in Ukraine and attempted to curtail it and draw attention to it.

All that I can say for certain is, the Right Sector in Ukraine is not a myth. The Azov Battalion does in fact use a Nazi Dark Sun and Panzer Swastika, in cheerful Ukrainian yellow-and-blue, and has expanded from 900 to 3,000 members since 2014, and is an official part of the Ukraine guard. The founders of Azov have made public statements that leave no room for interpretation, their own Officers have previously admitted to the problem, with no corrective measure even hinted at - so it seems reasonable to conclude there is something to it.

You can find numerous reports I do not know the validity of, alleging cease-fire violations by this very unit, numbering into the thousands, and statements of threats to Zelenskyy.

But there is so much Russian BS thrown into the mix - most notably perhaps a large number of very fake stories, investigated by Amnesty International surrounding a horrible event at Odesa - that it's impossible for us to know how bad the problem really is.

Anyway, I am not a Russian, but it's OK to be Russian.

The amount of Russophobic lemming behavior of "cancellation" is predictable, but still disheartening, and does nothing but play right into the hands of Putin propaganda. The net result of Russophobia is more confusion, chaos and death.

One example being Alexander Malofeev, classical pianist, who did in fact make statements against the war, but apparently not to the satisfaction of his censors. To expect Russian artists fearing for their families in Russia and Ukraine to make anti-Putin statements is extremely stupid and cruel, and again, only feeds Russian propaganda.
This was brought up in Oliver Stone's 2016 documentary, supposedly these "Ukrainian Nazis" were terrorizing a Russian speaking population living in the eastern part of the country and has been the basis of some of the reasoning behind Putin's invasion.

I call BS to a point.

No doubt these folks were real. There's also been talk about some of these Nazis were plants by the Kremlin.

Yes, Trump did use these allegations (and other things) for refusal to send arms to Ukraine, I guess these Ukrainian Nazis were not as good as the Nazis who attended Trump rallies!?!

1647281736573.png

But it looks like some were kicked off Facebook but allowed on a Russian site. - Hey, that's freedom of speech, right?

But then again, many Nazis in the US supported Trump. I guess that didn't matter to Putin.

My point is this twisted ideology can be found in many parts of the world, but is it a representation of ALL the people? NO!

But then again, when Volodymyr Zelenskiy won the 2019 election, he took over 70% of the vote. Not bad for a Jew who supposedly has Nazis running around his country...

1647282527173.png

"Anyway, I am not a Russian, but it's OK to be Russian."

Agree - but as you pointed out, look who is perpetrating the story...

In the mean time...

I hope Dimlee Dimlee and some of our other friends who are currently in that part of the world comments on this.

In 2014, the Azov unit, by its own drill Sgt's, account ,was 50% Nazi. Their words, not mine.
I'd guess much of the early Bundeswehr soldiers and leaders were former Nazis. I have no doubt there are young, frustrated, angry men in Ukraine seeking a flag-waving nationalist cause that borders on racism and fascism. Peoples opinions and mindsets change, and I expect even the most anti Semitic Ukrainian is now behind their president.

Last edited:
That's a switch!
It's not such a binary POV. Some of the Azov leadership are themselves Jewish and admirers of Israel. Andriy Biletsky, the founder of the Azov Battalion "explained that he regards Israel and Japan as role models for the development of Ukraine".

In 2006 I visited Israel for a week and the Sparta-like, religion/linguistic/ethnic based nationalism and always-ready world class militarism combined with strong democratic and community service traditions, corruption-free governance, free market economy and a lovely, joy-filled, family-focused Mediterranean life would appeal to any people wanting to build a better nation. Just don't ask the Palestinians.

Last edited:
corruption-free governance
I think we can leave this part out.

I think we can leave this part out.
We'll said, I should have written corruption-reduced governance. Here in Canada our governments at all level suffer from corruption, but it's lightweight compared to what the former eastern bloc suffered.

On Israel, where Orthodox and Arabs aside, every man and woman is an experienced soldier, can you imagine Russia trying to invade a country as nationally united and militarily organized, experienced and equipped as Israel. Make Ukraine in that guise and Russia is curb stomped by day five.

Last edited:
Stuck in textures..... or something went wrong. Chernigiv region, ukrainian soldiers have hoarded 5 T-80U tanks Rf.

Attachments

• 274758167_5178260562204426_3783540520816510212_n.jpg
    274758167_5178260562204426_3783540520816510212_n.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 275607521_5178260568871092_3678020894168201843_n.jpg
    275607521_5178260568871092_3678020894168201843_n.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 275655948_5178260552204427_1180842891034378114_n.jpg
    275655948_5178260552204427_1180842891034378114_n.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 275780514_5178260565537759_3016885070489308776_n.jpg
    275780514_5178260565537759_3016885070489308776_n.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Keep eyes and ears open for news on Wednesday:

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) in the Hague has said it will rule on Wednesday on a case brought by Ukraine against Russia, accusing it of falsely justifying its invasion.

Ukraine filed the case soon after the Russian invasion on 24 February. It accuses Russia of using false claims that Ukrainian forces were committing genocide in separatist-held areas of the Donbas region as a pretext to attack.

Russian officials did not appear at an earlier hearing at the UN's World Court on 7 March.

In a statement, the ICJ said that the court will deliver its order at 1600 local time (1500 GMT) on Wednesday, 16 March.

A separate war crimes investigation has also been launched by the International Criminal Court to look into allegations of war crimes committed in Ukraine.

Nearly all Russian advances in Ukraine remain stalled due in part to "creative" strikes from the Ukrainians limiting the ability of Kremlin forces to resupply, a senior U.S. defense official said Monday.

The Ukrainians "have effectively struck at the Russian logistics and sustainment capabilities," the official told reporters.

"As we've said all along, they've been quite creative here. They're not simply going after combat capability — tanks and armored vehicles and shooting down aircraft. Although they're doing all that, they are also deliberately trying to impede and prevent the Russians' ability to sustain themselves."

The official also said "almost all of Russia's advances remain stalled" on the ground in Ukraine, with forces moving toward Kyiv showing no "appreciable change in their progress over the weekend."

Russian forces have made far less progress in Ukraine than was initially expected thanks to a fierce resistance from Ukrainian forces, poor logistical planning and difficulties with sustainment.

That struggle has been on display with a miles-long column of Russian vehicles outside of Kyiv that has barely moved over the course of two weeks.

Russian forces approaching Kyiv from the north, including the convoy, remain about 9 miles outside the city center, the official said.

Although Moscow is trying to flow in forces behind this advance, "that continues, but not at a great pace," they added.

Attacks on the cities of Chernihiv and Kharkiv also remain stalled thanks to the strong Ukrainian resistance, but Chernihiv is now isolated, and Kharkiv has seen an increase in long-range fire missile strikes.

One new development is that the Russians have sent 50 to 60 vehicles towards the town of Izyum in western Ukraine. The assumption is the Kremlin is trying to "prevent the flow westward of any Ukrainian armed forces that would be in the eastern part of the country, prevent them from coming to the assistance of other Ukrainian defenders near Kyiv," according to the official.

Hard to guard one's supply-lines when you've invaded a country the size of Texas with less than 200,000 troops, and every man-jack there is wanting a chance to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back