"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nearly all Russian advances in Ukraine remain stalled due in part to "creative" strikes from the Ukrainians limiting the ability of Kremlin forces to resupply, a senior U.S. defense official said Monday.

The Ukrainians "have effectively struck at the Russian logistics and sustainment capabilities," the official told reporters.

"As we've said all along, they've been quite creative here. They're not simply going after combat capability — tanks and armored vehicles and shooting down aircraft. Although they're doing all that, they are also deliberately trying to impede and prevent the Russians' ability to sustain themselves."

The official also said "almost all of Russia's advances remain stalled" on the ground in Ukraine, with forces moving toward Kyiv showing no "appreciable change in their progress over the weekend."

Russian forces have made far less progress in Ukraine than was initially expected thanks to a fierce resistance from Ukrainian forces, poor logistical planning and difficulties with sustainment.

That struggle has been on display with a miles-long column of Russian vehicles outside of Kyiv that has barely moved over the course of two weeks.

Russian forces approaching Kyiv from the north, including the convoy, remain about 9 miles outside the city center, the official said.

Although Moscow is trying to flow in forces behind this advance, "that continues, but not at a great pace," they added.

Attacks on the cities of Chernihiv and Kharkiv also remain stalled thanks to the strong Ukrainian resistance, but Chernihiv is now isolated, and Kharkiv has seen an increase in long-range fire missile strikes.

One new development is that the Russians have sent 50 to 60 vehicles towards the town of Izyum in western Ukraine. The assumption is the Kremlin is trying to "prevent the flow westward of any Ukrainian armed forces that would be in the eastern part of the country, prevent them from coming to the assistance of other Ukrainian defenders near Kyiv," according to the official.

Hard to guard one's supply-lines when you've invaded a country the size of Texas with less than 200,000 troops, and every man-jack there is wanting a chance to shoot.
And better armed. Is that even possible?

1647301809666.png

The woman who did the protest on the news show is a brave person.

Her career is done and she may get prison time followed by a novichok sandwich.

Didn't have to but she did.

So kudos to her and hope it works out for her.

Hey WARSPITER,

re "Interesting for me is to know how many cruise missiles Russia has available."

The last estimate I saw said about 1300 tactical land attack cruise missiles as of 2017. I think this included the shipborne land attack variants.

Hey WARSPITER,

re "Interesting for me is to know how many cruise missiles Russia has available."

The last estimate I saw said about 1300 tactical land attack cruise missiles as of 2017. I think this included the shipborne land attack variants.
Should it be assumed that a portion of those were used in Syria ? If so, what is the production rate of replacements ?
Several hundred left might be right ?

I think we can leave this part out.

:D sounds like great joke - how it looks like - order ships in germany, force germany to cover 50% of fee out of german taxpayer's pocked with using holocaust as bussiness negotiation factor than launching investigation.... yes it sounds pretty much like right way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back