"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A neighbor was talking to a man I didn't know about the Ukraine war. My neighbor said that Putin wanted to be the man that restored the old Russian Empire. The man said, "Let 'em have it." I stuck in at this point and said, "Then he will want Romania, Bulgaria and Poland." "So, let 'em have it" I countered, "What if he wants East Germany back?"
"I don't care" I then said, "What if he wants Alaska back?" "What?" I said, "Didn't you know we bought Alaska from Russia. They thought they put one over on us because there was nothing there. Now we have oil wells, pipelines and gold mines and lots of US citizens there. I can see why he might want it back now." At that point, the unknown man decided the conversation had turned silly and he had somewhere important to be. Another one who slept through history class.
This is why Sarah Palin is sitting on her back porch right now with a pair of binoculars in one hand and a shotgun across her lap, with a pile of shells and a bottle of Jack Daniels on the side table.

Isn't it? Then why does NATO not more than shout? It's not that simple. There always other things at stake and what's at stake is for everybody different. People forget that the EU it's nota country and cannot always act in unity. Even though I regret that sometimes. But we're straying. Let us not go that way.

Of course it's not the time for bickering and recriminations. It's the time for a cohesive front, even though not all members agree on all proposed responses.

Are you arguing otherwise, or am I misunderstanding you?

NATO doesn't do more than shout because the decision to go to war is grave and NATO has no treaty obligation to defend Ukraine. Whether it's wise for NATO going to war or not over Ukraine right now is arguable in either sense.

Of course it's not the time for bickering and recriminations. It's the time for a cohesive front, even though not all members agree on all proposed responses.

Are you arguing otherwise, or am I misunderstanding you?

NATO doesn't do more than shout because the decision to go to war is grave and NATO has no treaty obligation to defend Ukraine. Whether it's wise for NATO going to war or not over Ukraine right now is arguable in either sense.
There is always a reason is what I tried to say. Easy for us to judge. And in the end we cannot decide for other autonomous nations. As I said, Europe is not a country, it's a group of countries. We here in the Netherlands can bear the economic repercussions we would get from said measurements, but this is not true for all members of the EU.
I'm not happy with it either but it is what it is.

There is always a reason is what I tried to say. Easy for us to judge. And in the end we cannot decide for other autonomous nations. As I said, Europe is not a country, it's a group of countries. We here in the Netherlands can bear the economic repercussions we would get from said measurements, but this is not true for all members of the EU.
I'm not happy with it either but it is what it is.

Yes, I understand the political nature and structure of the EU.

There was a documentary made in 2016 by Oliver Stone called Ukraine on Fire. I suggest watching it.
As someone who lived most of his life in Ukraine, Russian Federation (RSFSR earlier), USSR in general... And not just witnessed but studied the history of USSR and former USSR... I suggest forgetting this documentary soon after watching it. And to move to some serious stuff.

As someone who lived most of his life in Ukraine, Russian Federation (RSFSR earlier), USSR in general... And not just witnessed but studied the history of USSR and former USSR... I suggest forgetting this documentary soon after watching it. And to move to some serious stuff.
i tend to agree with you - this stuff is full of BS

what you are thinking about "icebreaker" book - is Suvorov properly compelling facts in your opinion? - for many of his thesis sounds at least plausible..

Watching FR24 and there's a Global Hawk over the Black Sea keeping an eye on activities on the southern border, an RAF Voyager and a KC-135 out of Mildenhall flying racetrack patterns over Romania (refuelling what...) and I spotted an MC-130J at low level scooting around Bulgaria.

It would be an ugly endeavor to attack a USN Carrier task Force.

But not without heavy losses to the USN. We're talking about more than thirty supersonic cruise missiles travelling from multiple directions all at the same time... To reassure you, Dave, yup, the US Navy is the world's most powerful, but to expect to get away with destroying all the cruise missiles? That takes a special kind of suspension of disbelief.

As a British soldier once said to his American ally, you're good, but you're not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back