"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was reading about Finland and this is a good way of creating an out.

Ukraine says it won't join NATO or the EU but keeps its independence.

Russia keeps Crimea and Donetsk and Luhansk.

So both sides have a win and can pretend to be happy and the war stops.

This could be the only possible out in which both sides can live with. Not a good or agreeable out but an out.

Short term or long term, this is a peace treaty which can work. And would be better than a bitter insurgency or Russia launching nuclear weapons.

Not a case of whether I agree with this or not but it stops the bullets flying.

Ukraine can't win and Russia needs an out.

Here's an out for Russia. A bit radical perhaps. Put a price of $250,000,000 on Putin's head. Then watch how quickly he'd be taken out.

At this point, I don't think Russia really has an "out".
Their seizure of Crimea and subversion of the Donbass is wrong.
Their attack of the Ukraine proper is wrong.
The only recourse for Russia is to publicly hang and abuse the corpse of Putin, restore the Ukraine's borders to pre-2014 boundaries and pay restitution to the Ukraine.

Period.

While I would prefer this "out", I think it will be something closer to The Baskets "out."

I'm willing to bet that the concession game has been over played by Putin.

The mass targeting of civilians has turned this into a situation where it'll boil down to all or nothing.

Collateral damage is one thing, but if you ever want to inspire a nation to fight to the end, deliberately murder it's civilians.

A clear lesson Putin missed from WWII...

The war has to stop.
Regardless.
Doesn't matter why and where or what.
Put Russia against the wall and the nukes will fly.
A long drawn out insurgency is going to help Ukraine how?

Is Ukraine about to invade Moscow?

It's no longer about winning or losing.

Ukraine is losing and Russia is losing. It is a chance to end this and rebuild and see what transpires in time.

This "nukes will fly" is a bit dramatic, really.

Putin is a master of the saber-rattling tactic.

No, nukes won't fly. His Imperial Majesty is a narcissist and needs accolades for his self image.
If he launches nukes, he'll unleash hell on earth and get an avalanche of the sun on his head. Then who will be left to admire his bare-chested abs?

Hey Stig1207,

re "Not really, she was just out of her depth as Minister of Defence."

Any reason to think she was out of her depth more than her replacement (Morten Bødskov, whose former post was Mister of Taxation) is?

Time will tell , but hopefully he will handle the job better than Bramsen. She had lost the confidence of the armed forces and the secret services.

The war has to end.
Find the path of least resistance and sign a peace treaty that both sides can live with.

Talk of 2014 borders or hanging Putin are irrelevant.

It's called Realpolitik.

Even the Japanese surrender and those boys were absolutely going for the one way ticket to Yasukuni.

I will give you the only two options available to end the war. Invade Moscow or sign a peace treaty.

Nonsense started this war and nonsense is not going to stop it.

Hey Stig1207,

re "Not really, she was just out of her depth as Minister of Defence."
That's an issue for us here in Canada as well. Our MoD was newly appointed to focus primarily on #metoo sexual misconduct and gender/ethnicity representation issues.

Meanwhile the programs to replace the 1980-90s era CF-18 fighters, CP-140 Aurora ASW/patrol aircraft and the Halifax class frigates show little to no substantive progress. On the latter, the first Type 26 isn't expected to be laid down until 2024 or 2025, with the first entering service in the early 2030s, forty years after the first Halifax class entered service in 1992. Ridiculous.

And now that everyone in NATO is expanding their budgets and likely to rush to Lockheed-Martin to sign up for F-35s it will be well into the 2030s before Canada can field a complete squadron even if they were to commit tomorrow, fifty years after the CF-18 entered RCAF service in 1982!

Last edited:
ukraine is not using 155mm artillery pieces at all
No, they use 122 & 152 FSU standard artillery. The Chinese, meanwhile, do make a 152mm CLGP that would be very helpful to Ukrainian gunners.

Users who are viewing this thread