"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

History as taught us well that you cannot reason with a madman nor expect an unreasonable person to be reasonable, you can pacify him today but he'll be back tomorrow. I do not understand why we should expect Ukraine to pay the same price Poland did in the 40's when the West abandoned them to the Soviets. There still appears to be reasonable people within the Russian Government and Military that would stand up to Putin if he ordered Nukes but that might not be the case a year from now.

The Russian-held Kherson International Airport and Air Base near the southern Ukrainian port city has successfully been struck by Ukrainian forces, according to a number of satellite images.

The Ukrainian attack on Tuesday appears to have destroyed a number of Russian helicopters, with images obtained by Planet Labs PBC showing a cloud of thick, black smoke rising from burning helicopters.

The first image shown above [sic]—the one in color—was taken at 1:35 p.m. local time on March 15, 2022.

The satellite images appear to show at least three helicopters on fire, as well as several vehicles. At a pad further away, other helicopters appeared to have been damaged by an earlier strike.

It is not known what kind of weapons Ukrainian armed forces used for their attack.

Drone footage shared on Twitter and heat maps used by NASA's Fire Information for Resource Management System—usually used to track forest fires—confirm multiple blazes at the Russian-occupied dual-use airfield.

Ukrainian armed forces have previously struck the airfield, with officials claiming to have destroyed 30 Russian helicopters in an attack using artillery rockets on March 7. However, satellite images at the time didn't show evidence of such large-scale damage.

Ukraine said Wednesday it has launched a counteroffensive against Russian forces encroaching on its capital, Kyiv, and other key cities hours before President Volodymyr Zelensky is due to address Congress about the war in his country.

Ukrainian forces also said they pressed an offensive south and east of the southern port of Mykolaiv, moving in the direction of Kherson, the only Ukrainian regional capital occupied by Russia since the war began Feb. 24. Ukraine said it carried out an airstrike on the Kherson airport, which is now a Russian air base, and satellite imagery of the tarmac showed seven destroyed or damaged Russian helicopters, some of them engulfed in flames. Kyiv also said it shot down two Russian Su-30SM jets over the Black Sea off Odessa.

Moscow has largely not commented on combat losses and said its campaign was progressing.

[...]

President Biden said Wednesday the U.S. would send an additional $800 million in security assistance to Ukraine, amounting to a total of $1 billion in such assistance over the past week.

[...]

In the besieged southern port city of Mariupol, a Russian bomb destroyed the city's main drama theater where hundreds of residents had taken refuge from shelling, city officials said. A bomb shelter under the theater was blocked by rubble, and the city hadn't yet counted casualties, officials said.

Regarding the last paragraph, this is the theater in a pre-war picture [ETA -- this pic was taken after the invasion started -- Thump]. Note the open spaces around it and the few other buildings nearby. I've read as well that the building was clearly marked with large letters on each end of the building which read "CHILDREN". If this is correct, this would seem by far to be the worst of the war crimes committed by Russian forces.

ETA: Apparently this is true; this is the picture I had seen earlier, and running the Cyrillic through a translator does give the result, "children".

There needs to be a Nuremberg-style trial set up in the Hague devoted exclusively to the Russian war crimes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can't help but believe there will be no justice from this. It'll probably go the way The Basket said it will. Russia keeps Crimea and the two Russia puppet states. The world isn't incinerated. The average Russian suffers and Putin probably goes out like Stalin.
I really hope I'm wrong.

For there to be justice either the Russian people have to stand up and hand over Putin, or a Seal Team has to go in and capture him (not happening).

The ball is in your court Russian citizens…

To which "relic" are you referring, the drone, the fighter, or the AWACS? E2 is the oldest platform of the three. They were already in service when I joined USN 52 years ago.
I mean Tu-141 that recently penetrated NATO airspace undetected and crashed in Croatia.

IDK, if China offers several thousand of GP6 laser-guided 155 mm artillery projectiles and the means to fire and guide them I expect they'd say yes please.
I'd say: Comrade Xi, please deploy those 155mm units close to the RF's border in broad daylight. The more the better. I'm sure Ukraine could pay for fuel and food rations while the units are there.
In the meantime, in many of the intercepted phone conversations of Russian soldiers, geographical names as Ussuriysk, Partizansk, Khabarovsk are mentioned. And Japan just noticed some ships leaving Russian Far East:

By the way, he was born and grew up in Lviv, Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread