"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They have drones too. Those grain vessels etc.

Perhaps not smart when a good portion of income is by exporting. What is to win by damadgeing a freighter? A foto up?

No with this they made targets. Not that smart i think.

You wouldn't fight for control of the sea, then? The Russians are going to attack Odessa and the grain shipments whether or not Ukraine attacks Russian shipping.

They can, but when attacked is a bit easier to shut the cargos down. I do not see the tactical gain. UKR will not have control of sea. I Think they have more to lose there. They cant protect the grain vessels.
So why poke the anthill. Politics is this are in favour of the UKR. Not only the west but also a big player like Turkey. No i think its a mistake.

You wouldn't fight for control of the sea, then?
Offcourse but only when winning has a change. In this UKR has not. It wins by shipping grain to the world. And as you know ( i do read most of your post,they are well thought through) there is a time when when the fear of hunger will shift history. The deals before proof that.

It seems to be that Ukraine needs a way to wipe out Russians in the tree lines. While cluster munitions help, what about napalm? Per Wikipedia, "one firebomb released from a low-flying plane can damage an area of 2,100 square meters (2,500 sq yd)."

So, are there any Mark 77 bombs for Ukraine's MiG-29s and Su-25s? I envision a large strike of napalm-armed Frogfoots (Frogfeet?) hitting a 10-20 km wide stretch of treeline in southern Ukraine, while AGM-88 Harm armed Flankers and Fulcrums and a swarm of drones suppress Russian SAMs, and Stormshadow-armed Fencers hit high impact targets nearby, such as bridges and local command centres. Meanwhile a breaching vehicles supported by HIMARs clear a path for the tanks and IFVs as the run for Melitipol.

To make this happen, we need to commit the majority of Ukraine's eighty-odd MiGs and Sukhois along with something akin to air dropped napalm. And some flamethrower vehicles would be nice too, like a Cold War M132. Anything that will cook Russians in the tree lines.

Last edited:
This isn't addressed to the OP (he joins the previously lonely other Billy-No-Marks on my 'ignore list). I find the above bit of butt-hurt self-indulgence quite illuminating - from the scatological straight through to the sexual metaphor, mixed like an inept DJ, before verbally butting head-first into the inevitable brick wall (one which hides a little trap-door which he can slip though to the safety of a world in which he'll no longer be challenged). And of course, its everyone else not being logical. Grapple with that, lol!

Its for the best he doesn't carry on looking here. Youtube will be a much more fertile ground for the kind of confirmation bias he's looking for

Back to reality (or at least a decent comparison!) and contrary to the hissy-fit, it seems to me that there's been quite a lot of non partisan disagreement and breadth of opinion across this thread. It also seems to me that people seem to come from a pretty wide range of [banned P word] backgrounds and opinions. That a bunch of people who clearly disagree about a range of issues actually agree on the overarching issue of support for Ukraine probably indicates something. I don't know which most powerfully: That they have at least a grasp of global geo-politics? A grasp of history? A grasp of empathy and common humanity? People with a reasonable balance of intellect and background knowledge?

Its strange, because I had nearly posted a question about the dual dangers of isolationism and appeasement last week. And on que, up pops a poster boy to introduce the point I was considering making:

Is anyone aware of a single historical example to show where a nationalist, expansionist, aggressive power or demagogue has EVER been 'bought off' or successfully body-swerved by being either indulged, dissuaded or punished by hurty-words or disapproval, rather than direct resistance? From the wergild of the Saxons to the Vikings, to the Munich Agreement - have their been any exceptions where being supposedly penny-wise hasn't cost far, far more in blood and treasure in the mid to long term? When has apathetically sitting behind defences or an ocean, ignoring the fate of a nation that has values similar to yours at the hands of an aggressive thief of land; lives and wealth, actually worked? Has disengagement and a unwillingness in the face of a clear wrong to make some sort of sacrifice ever become the best policy of a power that claims any kind of global ethical leadership or aspiration?

The invasion and war in the Ukraine sets an absolute precedence for the entire globe. Metaphorically eating cheese in a backyard bunker whilst re-arranging a 'bug out bag' and polishing your AR15(s), muttering about elites, paedophiles, and a whattaboutery-worldview set largely on youtube, or Truth Social doesn't look like the pathway to either national greatness, justice for Ukraine or world peace.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

But still famous - I think you forgot Millers. I have a vague memory that comes from Wisconsin also
Dairy products? I worked on an iron foundry in Indianna with a Wisconsinian. He did go on about the cheese. As a European, my view of the cheeses of a nation that has produced spray can, squeezy' and that weird orange slab of vinyl like stuff applied to a 'cheese' burger, was, I freely confess, somewhat blighted. Alas, I never got to sample any Wisconsin cheese during my stay. Is it on a par with their beer?

I did very much like Wisconsin Death Trip, the surreal, disturbing but true book based on accounts from a contemporary newspaper about the travails of frequently mentally ill and often just plain weird northern European immigrants in the late 19th century. One story that stayed with me was that if the farmer who killed himself by digging a small hole, filling it with dynamite, putting his head down it and touching off the fuse with a last cigar.

Has it changed much, do you think?

You can almost see him thinking 'S--T, its a lot better than anything we have, even the ration packs are better' and 'Damn, those shells are a lot bigger than ours'.

Goering turned to Galland. "And you? What do you want'?" "l'd like a squadron of Spitfires for my Geschwader!"

Users who are viewing this thread