"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"Crushing HIMARS strike: Russia's losses are catastrophic"

Disclaimer: Not sure if this has been posted yet or if it has been verified.

Yes, I see this was reported earlier.

Jim

Last edited:
...The UK/Canadian forces shot off equally staggering amounts of 25 pounder and 5.5 inch. I'll have to dig out my copy of The Guns of War but I seem to remember one battery of eight 25-pounders firing 14,000 shells in a two day period.
Yes. My copy of "The Guns of Normandy" by George Blackburn is on the boat. A brilliant read!

Agreed.

What surprised me, is that a warship of that size (and mission) would certainly have surface search radar aboard...
The problem is, a small vessel with a low profile traveling in choppy seas is hard to discern from the sea clutter. From my own experience with a decent open array radar (Furuno), the "anti-sea clutter" filter is not that useful. Those on an older Russian Vessel may be particularly suspect. And the competency of the radar operator is always of concern.

Agreed.

What surprised me, is that a warship of that size (and mission) would certainly have surface search radar aboard.

Is this yet another shining example of Russian training and competence?

Or was it that they felt secure in their anchorage and didn't feel like being alert was nessecary?

Last time I checked, they are at war regardless of what their Imperious Leader calls it and most navies in such a situation would have all stations manned and alert 'round the clock...

But that can only happen if they are fully crewed. Given the shortage of trained tank crews in the army it is not unlikely that the navy has a similar manpower problem.

Why worry? Bye-dim has an open checkbook for You-Crane. I mean we're only 35+ TRILLION in debt so we'll just print more money! Brilliant!!
So what happens when Putin decides to invade Poland or Latvia or Estonia?

"Not My Problem" no longer applies in today's global picture.

You can wet yourself that the U.S. is providing aid to a nation who has the balls to stand up to Russia and it's Imperialistic goals.
But literally half the world is providing aid to Ukraine as well.

The problem is, a small vessel with a low profile traveling in choppy seas is hard to discern from the sea clutter. From my own experience with a decent open array radar (Furuno), the "anti-sea clutter" filter is not that useful. Those on an older Russian Vessel may be particularly suspect. And the competency of the radar operator is always of concern.
I get it that "sea clutter" is an issue, but isn't there an ability to discern a solid form amongst the surface motion, such as a periscope?

Plus, in a bay/harbor, the calmer surface would provide a better (clearer) return, wouldn't it?

Oh okay, fine. I guess no dissenting the regime rules apply. Got it! Shoulda known better.

No, we simply have a no partisan politics rule on this forum. That applies to both sides of the coin. As explained a million times, and posted in the forum rules. As others have pointed out, there are other places better suited for that type of discussion.

So what happens when Putin decides to invade Poland or Latvia or Estonia?

"Not My Problem" no longer applies in today's global picture.

You can wet yourself that the U.S. is providing aid to a nation who has the balls to stand up to Russia and it's Imperialistic goals.
But literally half the world is providing aid to Ukraine as well.

Notwithstanding half of the world -- I am fine with my taxes going in part to help these folk. It's the right thing to do. I value people over money.

I know, I'm a screwball.

Notwithstanding half of the world -- I am fine with my taxes going in part to help these folk. It's the right thing to do. I value people over money.

I know, I'm a screwball.
Ukraine has dedicated themselves to do the heavy lifting, all they ask is that We help them however we can.

If Ukraine fails in this mission, then eventually it'll be us and our European allies who'll have to send our people to face this filthy bastard.

And the cost in blood far outweighs that of the dollar.

Ukraine has dedicated themselves to do the heavy lifting, all they ask is that We help them however we can.

If Ukraine fails in this mission, then eventually it'll be us and our European allies who'll have to send our people to face this filthy bastard.

And the cost in blood far outweighs that of the dollar.

Anyone who thinks we're doing the "heavy" lifting ... probably hasn't heard the fall of shot.

We've got the luxury of throwing only money at the problem. We aren't fighting for our lives. Yet some would begrudge a minuscule sacrifice because it chews into .04% of our budget.

Okay, so I make ONE effin' comment that dissents from the circle jerk this 1153 page thread already is and I get piled on by people telling ME to "keep it civil" and "no politics"? Seriously people. Check YOURSELVES. This entire thread is one sided political pile of dung. However, if it continues to give some of you a slight bulge in your pants, be my guest. I'm not into attempting to have a logical conversation with a bunch of brick walls.

Have fun and enjoy. I won't be looking here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back