"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Militarily both Belarus and Russia know they stand no chance with Poland (let alone NATO) at this point. I think they are trying to provoke Poland into a high profile international incident so they can play their whiny victim card to the world. Still a very dangerous game they are playing.

Militarily both Belarus and Russia know they stand no chance with Poland (let alone NATO) at this point. I think they are trying to provoke Poland into a high profile international incident so they can play their whiny victim card to the world. Still a very dangerous game they are playing.
How about scaring countries not to give their tanks and planes like the migs?
As long not replaced they will be needed.

Now how about giving your stockpiles of ammo away. Awfull lot of your guns fire that stuff. Same there.

Its a chess move. Its a pawn threatening. Trying to make the field wide and divided.

Bet you a good whiskey the Polish army have already made there move for now. Not the things in the news i say.
There will not be any crap from Wagner or other nincompoeps.
Its getting as much attention as one can get with a pawn. Deviding is also a battle won.

This echoes statements of some US, UK and Canadian general staff and battalion/divisional level officers on the Western front during WW2. A common complaint was that when faced with fixed defenses, the poor bloody infantry would rather wait/dig in and call in artillery support instead of advancing against fire (even possible fire).

Funnily enough, German officers thought similar things - that Western artillery was the decisive advantage on the battlefield and that allied troops weren't as willing to go forward as German troops without major artillery preparation/support. That may have simply been because German troops didn't have nearly as much artillery support, and so if they were to advance it was with less support by necessity.

US forces on the Western Front in November alone expended 2,507,000 rounds of 105mm artillery. 105mm typically accounted for between 70% and 75% of US shell consumption, so expenditure for all calibers was likely around 3,133,000 to 3,259,000 shells for the month.

The UK/Canadian forces shot off equally staggering amounts of 25 pounder and 5.5 inch. I'll have to dig out my copy of The Guns of War but I seem to remember one battery of eight 25-pounders firing 14,000 shells in a two day period.

Kyiv, UkraineCNN —
Ukraine said it had carried out a sea drone attack on a Russian naval base, as dramatic videos appeared to show a damaged Russian warship listing heavily in the Black Sea early Friday.

Social media images showed the ship being towed near the Novorossiysk naval base, despite earlier claims by the Russian defense ministry that the attack had been repelled.

A Ukrainian source told CNN that a sea drone with 450 kilograms of TNT had attacked the ship and claimed there were about 100 Russian servicemen aboard.

"A big navy ship Olenogorsky Gornyak was hit," the source told CNN. "As the result of the attack, the Russian ship has received serious damage and is not able to fulfill its duties."

The vessel was identified by the Ukrainian source and Russian military bloggers as the Olenogorsky Gornyak, an amphibious Russian landing ship.

CNN was provided with video showing an unmanned sea drone approaching a ship that appears to match the identity of the one later seen listing in the port of Novorossiysk.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back