"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sadly, I don't think they survived the last meatgrinder.

I've read that the Ukrainians have penetrated the first lines down south, and that the supporting lines are poorly manned. ISW assesses that Russia has resorted to lateral reinforcements, which implies few or no reserves in the rear to bring up.

So I think it remains to be seen -- but they seem to have not been defeated, contrary to what you've written.

Hmmm...Prigozhin dies 23 August. Two days later, Putin signs a declaration that all mercenaries belonging to Russian PMCs must swear an oath of allegiance to Russia (which, effectively, is an oath of allegiance to Putin). Coincidence?

Hmmm...Prigozhin dies 23 August. Two days later, Putin signs a declaration that all mercenaries belonging to Russian PMCs must swear an oath of allegiance to Russia (which, effectively, is an oath of allegiance to Putin). Coincidence?

Putin has been trying to rein in the PMCs since even before the Wagner Mutiny.

He didn't, what I find very stupid. How could he trust Putin knowing him?

I don't know Putin but there is no way I could trust him by all the things we know, imagine knowing all those things we don't know but Prig surely did know.

Prig old cow by God love, you yourself applied a death penalty to one of your musicians by sledgehammer for defector!!!!!

And Putin will by your best buddy after you trashed his reputation and lead a charge to Moscow????

I can't remember whether I posted my thoughts on the Putin-Prigozhin dynamic a year ago, but I've felt for some time, one of these guys would be dead within the year.

An interesting development from the Telegraph

A Russian neo-Nazi paramilitary group that supported the Wagner mercenary rebellion has announced it will no longer fight in Ukraine, accusing the Kremlin of abandoning its leader.

The group, called Rusich, said that its leader Yan Petrovsky was arrested last month when he tried to pass through Helsinki airport and that Russian diplomats have ignored his pleas for help.

"Since July 20, Yan Petrovsky has not been visited by either the Russian consul or a lawyer. The Slav is threatened with extradition to Ukraine either directly or through a third country in a fictitious criminal case," it said, using Petrokvsky's military call sign.

"Rusich stops performing any combat missions," it said on its Telegram channel. "If a country cannot protect its citizens, then why should citizens defend the country?
"

I've read that the Ukrainians have penetrated the first lines down south, and that the supporting lines are poorly manned. ISW assesses that Russia has resorted to lateral reinforcements, which implies few or no reserves in the rear to bring up.

So I think it remains to be seen -- but they seem to have not been defeated, contrary to what you've written.
I have no apologies for believing that Ukraine is 'dead country walking'. That said don't confuse my observations and belief to be support for Putin - or Zelensky. I despise Both of them.

IMO the real body count (combined) at this rate approaches 1M and I can't help but reflect back to Britain and France losses of young men due to WWI meatgrinder on Western front.

I have no apologies for believing that Ukraine is 'dead country walking'. That said don't confuse my observations and belief to be support for Putin - or Zelensky. I despise Both of them.

IMO the real body count (combined) at this rate approaches 1M and I can't help but reflect back to Britain and France losses of young men due to WWI meatgrinder on Western front.
Personally I do not feel that you have any reason to apologise. Even today it would be a brave man who would be confident that either side will lose or win. A Korea like scenario is more than likely, however much I would hate to see that happen.

I do however find it difficult to despise Zelensky. He was a comedian who almost by accident found himself the leader of a country which was soon attacked by a significantly larger, more powerful and ruthless enemy. Whatever the outcome, he has shown more leadership and personal courage than any leader I can think of over my lifetime. He and the overwhelming proportion of the people of Ukrine have my every respect.

This posting is not intended to be political, nor do I expect a response, its just putting my personal view out there as you have done, everyone has the right to their own thoughts and belief. That is what separates us from the Putin's of the world.

I don't ask apologies, nor impute to you support for Putin. We simply don't agree on this. That's fine, it's gonna happen and as long as it doesn't get ugly it doesn't bother me.

:occasion5:

So easy a caveman can do it…

Those were some of the very few ads I loved!

KYIV, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Three Ukrainian pilots have died after two L-39 trainer aircraft collided in mid-air in central Ukraine, the country's air force said in a statement on Saturday.

The loss of three pilots will be a blow to Ukraine, which is about to undertake a huge effort to quickly train up its air crews on Western-donated F-16 fighter jets, up to 61 of which have been pledged to Kyiv.

The crash occurred on Friday over Zhytomyr region, which lies west of Ukraine's capital Kyiv. The air force said one of the pilots killed, using the callsign "Juice", had become well known after giving numerous interviews to international media.

"We express our condolences to the families of the victims. This is a painful and irreparable loss for all of us," the air force wrote on the Telegram app, adding that an investigation into the circumstances of the crash was taking place.

:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back