"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania have been actively hunting mines - but if a larger contingent of Navies enter the Black Sea on a demining mission, this might also force Russia to "behave", as they would then run the risk of escalation if they attacked any of the minesweepers.

And "what if" minesweepers were assigned to protect grain ships from mines?

Hmmm...

And better still what if those mine sweepers were fitted with long tubular "mines" that travel at some speed like the British Spearfish, which is reputed to reach speeds in excess of 70 knots (130 km/h; 81 mph) to protect them from the Russian navy.

It's notable how appreciative the crew are of the Leo2 tanks and their NATO training.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R0iZYxnBCQk

As a Canadian I'd support us sending another eight Leopards. That would still leave us with fifty plus tanks for our small commitment in the Baltic, domestic training and maintenance.

my-leopard-2-main-battle-tanks-en-route-to-ukraine.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the serious defect is called engine and is known since 2015 give or take. Of course they can redeploy the ones they have, no working engine is required if you use them as static artillery pillboxes.
I'm not sure what the engine in this tank was all about but WWII diesel engines were/are particularly reliable. The GM-671 engine, variously used in Sherman tanks and marinized for landing crafts is still in use in many commercial and recreational boats. Give me a naturally aspirated diesel over a common rail engine any day! Bullet proof. Long life. No complicated electronics.

Jim

The boat my Sea Scout "Ship" had was equipped with a Gray Marine 6-71. I loved to listen to that thing for hours. That was convenient as it took a long time to get anywhere.

This article is a bit of a BGO (blinding glimpse of the obvious) in its analysis that Crimea is key to Russia maintaining its current position along the coast of the Sea of Azov. While the attacks on the Sebastopol dry docks are certainly encouraging, and further denude the Black Sea flotilla (it's not really a "fleet" any more), I'm cautious of reading too much into recent successes. Taking out a couple of S-400s is certainly good news which hopefully will lead to more successful attacks against Russian logistics and personnel in Crimea, it's still only a couple of SAM systems when Russia still has plenty--perhaps not S-400s but quantity is a quality all its own--that aren't being used in Ukraine.

Some of the key weapons called for in the above video to help the Ukrainians breach the Russian minefields:

First the obvious ones:

Python Minefield Breaching System or US Linear Demolition Charge System equivalent:

python-681531.jpg

And the not so obvious until you think about it:

M56 Coyote battlefield smoke generator:

smoke15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back