"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tell me more! My vessel with a naturally aspirated Ford Lehman 135…
View attachment 737686

I can go as fast as anyone at 7.5 kts.
IMG_1943.jpeg

Imagine this with a small cabin.

A good indicator of the overall state of the Russian military - if they tried to use their Air Force full potential in Ukraine, then Russia would not have any Air Force left at all.
Which, of course, could complicate the upcoming grandiose victory of the Reds over the West in general and over NATO in particular.

A good indicator of the overall state of the Russian military - if they tried to use their Air Force full potential in Ukraine, then Russia would not have any Air Force left at all.
Which, of course, could complicate the upcoming grandiose victory of the Reds over the West in general and over NATO in particular.
I disagree. I think one An-2 overflying that lone T-34 for the Victory Day parade would be perfect.

There are reports from Norway claiming the strength of russian forces near the border are reduced to 20% or less compared to prewar strength.
If I was Putin I'd be withdrawing all combat capable ground and air units not already committed to the "special operation" to bolster those in Ukraine. Russia's borders with NATO, China, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Mongolia don't need defending; but if I lose Melitopol I've lost Crimea, and likely my head. With that in mind, throw everything at the Zaporizhzhia Oblast. The DPR and LPR will just need to make do.

Last edited:
If I was Putin I'd be withdrawing all combat capable ground and air units not already committed to the "special operation" to bolster those in Ukraine. Russia's borders with NATO, China, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Mongolia don't need defending; but if I lose Melitopol I've lost Crimea, and likely my head. With that in mind, throw everything at the Zaporizhzhia Oblast. The DPR and LPR will just need to make do.

Well, that's his conundrum, isn't it? Weaken the border with China, might have a territorial dispute there. Can't overawe Belarus? Gosh, Lukashenko might get unseated. Underwhelm Kazakhstan? Maybe they go further into the Chinese orbit.

At what point does robbing Peter to pay Paul leave Putin flat on his ass? It's not like Ukraine is Russia's only concern; they're spinning plates in a circus act, trying to convince the world they still matter.

If you've got to give all that up to defend Melitopol -- one city -- you're probably not much of a worry. You're already juggling while you're tap-dancing.

Plus if you take everything from the borders you have with NATO countries and then manage to stupidly trigger
article 5 it's game over before it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back