"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why don't they just shoot down the bears. We gave them patriots.

They should have sold/given them to Romania first and after some weeks present tham as gift to Ukraine.
Turkey has the absolute right to block warships of combatants from passing the Bosporus.

What's desperately needed is...., well, I don't want to be banned. Just get Ukraine what it needs without it becoming some sort of esoteric debate first.
Thats the joyful redundancy of the 'no politics' ban. Everyone with a brain knows what you're talking about. Those without a brain won't understand and so won't be offended or react negatively. :D

Huzzah!

Given the situation and the outcomes that will arise if Russia/Putin prevails, I would argue only when Ukraine wins and Russian forces are ejected. To take the below analogy one step further:

If we stop and go back inside when there are still flames next door, what will we do when our roof catches fire? Who do we expect to call for support to put out the fire then when it is threatening our own home and family?
I agree with what you have written. I also agree with Thump that it should be about freedom more than about bleeding out Putin.

I also think the public is starting to tire of the war and it's starting to be reflected in the news. The majority of the media is in complete lockstep and I think in the end, right or wrong, their group opinion will prevail.

Is it a coincidence that Israel is at war, and the risk of us getting drawn in grows daily? Is it a coincidence that China is growing more belligerent daily and flies massive numbers of military aircraft into Taiwans airspace? The amount of US supplies getting pushed into UKR means they aren't available for our use elsewhere. Are we getting played?

Please don't think I want to throw UKR under the bus. I do not. I'm just watching the magician and his white glove is UKR. What's he doing with the black glove?

Cheers,
Biff

As mentioned earlier, the bulk of material going to Ukraine, are older and were pulled out of interim storage.

The US M2/3 Bradley AFVs, for example, were drawn out of retired stocks. The current Bradleys in U.S. service are intended to be replaced by the finalized XM30 product of the Army's MICV program.
Ukraine has received 190 Bradleys out of just about 7,000 manufactured.

In the case of the U.S. Army TACMs (ATACAM), they are the older version (M39) drawn from storage.
The USN will not part with any of their current or stored TACM stocks, as they have stated that all are ear-marked for "potential use in the Pacific".

The M1 Abrams tanks heading to Ukraine, are the older M1A1 version, which are also being drawn from storage.

The same goes for other nations, who are donating older Leopard tanks or in the case of the F-16, which is in the process of being replaced.

Another example, is old artillery stocks, which has the benefit of jump-starting new and accelerated production. This has the benefit of both providing Ukraine with what she needs, but also bolstering various nations with new munitions in most likely larger numbers that were had previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back