"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Can the T-55's armour stand up to even a Bradley's autocannon? Sounds like a turkey shoot.
Perhaps, but like with the Tiger what about 15 T-55? Just mashing through. Brad can pop 2 then die. Or three. See..it doesnt matter if you have enough . Most will roll on to important stuff like juctions or hq. One just have to have enough of ok-ish. Patton knew. Monty knew Eisenhower knew. Josef knew.

Nothing changed. The bitch is when you havent got enough. Now then its good ole tiger against lonely sherman again. 90:10 at best. So un less the orcs can amass the tanks and all thats is needed to exploit the gap the t-55 will be picked of one at a time.
Does not mean its useless.

Perhaps, but like with the Tiger what about 15 T-55? Just mashing through. Brad can pop 2 then die. Or three. See..it doesnt matter if you have enough . Most will roll on to important stuff like juctions or hq. One just have to have enough of ok-ish. Patton knew. Monty knew Eisenhower knew. Josef knew.

Nothing changed. The bitch is when you havent got enough. Now then its good ole tiger against lonely sherman again. 90:10 at best. So un less the orcs can amass the tanks and all thats is needed to exploit the gap the t-55 will be picked of one at a time.
Not sure if sending 15 at a time will work better than sending them one by one.

View: https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1754229870782030276

Winning a 3 day war is not easy ;)

In the Iraq war, the Bradley's swarmed the T-72s, which didn't stand a chance.

I think Ukraine also has some Leopard 1's with 105's. The 105 is really good at range when it comes to knocking over T-55's.

The later Leopard, Challenger combo is even better. I assume the Abrams they are getting will be 120mm as well.

I think Ukraine also has some Leopard 1's with 105's. The 105 is really good at range when it comes to knocking over T-55's.

The later Leopard, Challenger combo is even better. I assume the Abrams they are getting will be 120mm as well.

Ukraine is getting M1A1 SA (Situational Awareness) variants.

All M1A1s are 120mm armed (M256 L/44).

The M1A1 SA has some armour upgrades over the vanilla M1A1 (adding about 4 tonnes of weight). However, the 'special' armour packages (likely DU) have been removed for export, and have likely replaced with some combination of tungsten alloy and ceramic.

The M1A1 SA also gets the TIGER engine/transmission update. There are three levels of TIGER improvements (I, II and III). The baseline (Level I) cuts fuel use while ideling by ~20%, maintence hours by ~30% and doubles TBO from 700 to 1400 hours.

M1A1 SA also gets some additional sensors and battlefield management displays. This includes a second generation FLIR for the gunner, thermal sensor for the commanders weapon station (.50 cal), a blue force tracker for the commander and a new digital command and control system and display.

When Russia sent 100 Wagner mercenaries to overthrow the government of Sudan, they probably didn't expect Ukrainian Special Forces to be waiting for them.

Better than the other way round. The elected politicians must have the final say. And Zaluzhnyi is not a god, there are likely many who can step up.

Within the first year or so from Pearl Harbour, FDR essentially removed most of the top Generals and Admirals. There were a lot of good leaders waiting for their step.
FDR 'removed' no one. Marshall and King relieved the Pearl Harbor pair but theatre commanders such as Nimitz and Eisenhower and Stilwell exercised the most surgery. Arnold 'relieved/promoted' Eaker.

Perhaps you were thinking Truman/MacArthur?

Interesting news.

I wonder why a US firm was buying Dutch Vipers. Isn't there an American desert full of Vipers that could be restored?

route-fifty-lead-image.jpg

You can see F-16's being restored from desert storage below, in this case into target drones, plus at 0:50 and an A-10 at 5:48.

View: https://youtu.be/mYsOFXnfsCU?feature=shared&t=356

Last edited:
I asked that question myself awhile back. We've been using F-16s for target practice. Some of those could've been more useful as "safe area" missile trucks. Of course I don't know what condition they are in. I'm just guessing that with a Warsaw Pact culture of corruption, the MiG-29s (both sides) must be in worse shape.

I wonder why a US firm was buying Dutch Vipers.
Probably less expensive and easier. You will see that it was Draken who are well established in this market:

They would be using them for 'Red Air' training.

Similar has happened in the past:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back