"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Of course Russians will be excited that an M1 was damaged - one U.S. tank for how many thousands of theirs?

It's a known fact that no tank on earth is impervious and several M1s were disabled in Iraq by IEDs, so to the excited Russians, I say big effin' deal.

And in that same vein, how about you Red mofos bring out your Armata for a one-on-one showdown versus an M1?

Oh, right, that'll never happen...

The most important thing is that everything goes in strict accordance to the plan

NATO Lake.jpeg

Maybe I should have said

And that should make people sit up and think.

The Romans were the worlds policemen for 1,480 years. The British were the worlds policemen for 350 plus years.

If the bolded part of Gliders post comes true then the Americans will be the worlds policemen for a mere 79 years.
The Pax Britannica, or British Peace lasted approximately one hundred years, from the defeat of Napoleon in 1814 to the outbreak of the First World War in 1914. But the period was actually filled with global and regional conflicts, such as the US Civil War, the Crimean War, Boer War, War of Greek Independence, Mexican-American War, Spanish-American War, the Russo-Japanese War, a series of South American wars, and perhaps the most impacting upon the first half of the 20th Century; the 1870-71 Franco-German War. Given this perspective, if the US-led peace lasts until the 2040s, but with regional wars such as the fourteen(?) year Russo-Ukraine War of 2014-2028 it will be equal to what the Pax Britannica achieved.

The most important thing is that everything goes in strict accordance to the plan

View attachment 765991
I expect Russia will be focusing on developing its northern ports and trade routes now that the climate is warming the arctic.

_Sea_Route_and_Northwest_Passage%2C_and_bathymetry.png

This means that NATO's five North Atlantic and Arctic Ocean naval powers need to step up their game. The USN is up to the task, but the British, Canadian, Danish (Greenland), Icelandic and Norwegian navies have run down their navies to levels rarely seen post-ww2. Russia could sail a SSBN right through Canada's NWP and Ottawa wouldn't even know, while our own near-obsolete submarines have no under-ice capability. I hope we can get the the Canadian Patrol Submarine Programme (CPSP) expedited.

I wonder what the CAF would look like if we actually reached and maintained a 2% of GDP defence spend. Canada's GDP in 2023 was USD $2 trillion, so 2% for defence would be USD $40 billion, compared to DND's estimates for 2023-24 at CAD $26.5 billion (USD $19 billion). 2% would essentially double our spend.

Last edited:
A thought occurred to me, regarding Ukraine's artillery ammunition shortage and the related fallback of their positions in key areas.

Could this possibly be a ruse to draw out and embolden Russian forces into killing zones?

In the past, Ukraine held any supply issues close to their vest, in order to keep Russia guessing.

Currently though, it's all that's being talked about in press releases and the media which strikes me as unusual.

A thought occurred to me, regarding Ukraine's artillery ammunition shortage and the related fallback of their positions in key areas.

Could this possibly be a ruse to draw out and embolden Russian forces into killing zones?

In the past, Ukraine held any supply issues close to their vest, in order to keep Russia guessing.

Currently though, it's all that's being talked about in press releases and the media which strikes me as unusual.

I'd like to think you're right, but I'm doubtful. The reason why they're making shell-shortages widely known, in my opinion, is because the cessation of American aid needs to be addressed, and if they make the shortage plain they hope it will unlock the logjam in Washington.

If this were simply rope-a-dope, wouldn't they have turned Avdiivka into a shooting gallery while the Russians were packed in around there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back