"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm honestly questioning Putins current mental state. It concerns me that he has nuclear weapons. I can only hope that cooler heads exist in Russia and they make the tough decision to remove him, before he does something that cannot be undone.

Oh... Fu*k...

View attachment 659424

I know it's probably staged. Propaganda to the 'n-th degree. But it's a damn good one that tells the world what what needs to be told.

This. Snake Island. The Ghost of Kyiv. Zelenskyy staying to fight and die with his army. These people are better than this world deserves. May the good lord bless them and keep them close.
This brought a tear to my eye

I'm honestly questioning Putins current mental state. It concerns me that he has nuclear weapons. I can only hope that cooler heads exist in Russia and they make the tough decision to remove him, before he does something that cannot be undone.
Right now he's the nightmare every US & Russian leader has had since 1945. A lunatic with his hand on the button.

We are left to pray that there are many more like Stanislav Petrov in the Imperial (I use that phrase intentionally) Russian military.

Considering Putin's irrational behaviour and veiled threats of nuclear strikes on the west, I'm willing to bet someone within his own ranks is going snuff him before this situation escelates.

Especially since most of his "loyal" posse has had all their assets frozen.
I pray, even as I lost much of my faith in the Covid years, that you are right.

Odd how Putin said he wanted to rid the Ukraine of Nazis, but he acts like Hitler.

Some mighty big hypocracy going on right there...
It's a proven fact that the abused often grow up to become abusers. In the "Great Patriotic War", Russia was invaded from the west and abused mightily, so it's not surprising if there's an appetite for abusing the west in turn.

Watching this oldie again might help

angz07q_460s.jpg

NATO, for the first time in its history, is activating its NATO Response Force (NRF) in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"We have activated NATO's defense plans to prepare ourselves to respond to a range of contingencies and secure Alliance territory, including by drawing on our response forces," NATO heads of state and government said in a joint statement released Friday after the alliance held a virtual summit.

"We are now making significant additional defensive deployments of forces to the eastern part of the Alliance. We will make all deployments necessary to ensure strong and credible deterrence and defense across the Alliance, now and in the future."

The leaders stressed the moves "are and remain preventive, proportionate and non-escalatory."

The extraordinary move marks the first time NATO has activated the NRF, a multinational force comprised of around 40,000 land, air, maritime and special operations personnel the alliance can deploy on short notice as needed. All 30 members of NATO must agree to activate the force, which they did on Thursday.

I wonder where the nuclear clock is sitting right now?

IDK, but we must be a Defcon3. DEFCON - Wikipedia

It's apparently 100 seconds to midnight ... but it was last updated on 20 Jan. It should have changed by now.

As for American alert status, I can guarantee you there are Bones and B-2s sitting locked and loaded at places like Dyess and Ellsworth and Whiteman AFBs, able to be airborne within five minutes of receiving the order.

Last edited:
As for American alert status, I can guarantee you there are Bones and B-2s sitting locked and loaded at places like Dyess and Ellsworth and Whiteman AFBs, able to be airborne within five minutes of receiving the order.
Indeed, I expect leave has been canceled for all of NATO. Even here in Canada where we've neglected the CAF for decades we're about to send additional forces to the Baltics.

Editor's Note: This story was updated at 11:25 a.m. on Feb. 24 to include information about the B-52 Bomber Task Force mission.

Six F-35s operating from Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, ordered to NATO's eastern front by President Joe Biden Feb. 22, arrived to the Baltic Sea and Black Sea regions Feb. 24 to reassure Allies as Russian forces move into Ukraine. At the same time, a B-52 from Minot Air Force Base, N.D., interacted with Polish fighters in the Black Sea region during a Bomber Task Force operation.

"We are facing a dynamic environment, and the deployment of F-35s to NATO's eastern flank enhances our defensive posture and amplifies the Alliance's interoperability," said Gen. Jeffrey L. Harrigian, U.S. Air Force in Europe–Air Forces Africa commander, in a statement.

The F-35s, from the 34th Fighter Squadron at Hill Air Force Base, Utah, will join 24 F-15s and F-16s in Romania and Poland taking part in NATO enhanced air policing missions. USAFE said the aircraft will forward deploy "for a period of time" to the Baltics at Estonia's Amari Air Base and Lithuania's Siauliai Air Base, and to the Black Sea region at Romania's Fetesti Air Base.

and:

On Feb. 24, 2022, two RNlAF F-35A Lightning II aircraft departed from Leeuwarden Air Base in the Netherlands to reinforce NATO's presence in Eastern Europe. The Dutch Ministry of Defence had previously announced the plan to deploy two of its 5th generation jets to Bulgaria between March and April, but the Russian invasion of Ukraine changed the initial plan.

It's not clear whether the F-35s are being deployed to Graf Ignatievo or not: the official statement of the MOD says they have been moved "in the vicinity of Poland". Anyway, what's certain is that on their way to the destination, the F-35s flew over Poland and refueled from a RNlAF A330 MRTT north of Gniezno, Poland, around 13.30LT today, where photographer Tomek Urbański spotted them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back