"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Agreed

Hell compare the way the western allies treated West Germany to the way the Russian's treated East Germany.

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to tour East Berlin and parts of East Germany back in 1988 before the fall of the wall. Took the overnight US Army Duty Train from Frankfurt, West Germany to East Berlin. It was a total culture shock for me. Hell you can still see the huge differences between the east and west today decades after German unification.

It's no wonder to me that all these former East Bloc countries want to join NATO. They don't want to get gobbled up under the Russian thumb and behind any future iron curtain.

Last edited:
Can this close the skies dare go both ways. Russia says a NATO aircraft engaging a Russian aircraft would be war. So if NATO flies over Ukraine, at its invitation would the Russians shoot down clearly marked and identifiable NATO aircraft?

Can this close the skies dare go both ways. Russia says a NATO aircraft engaging a Russian aircraft would be war. So if NATO flies over Ukraine, at its invitation would the Russians shoot down clearly marked and identifiable NATO aircraft?

That's why its not enforceable. Russia would consider any aircraft as a defense of Ukraine and legit target.

Yes, they would. They've shown no compunctions so far in killing thousands of civilians and setting a few million more to flight -- or for that matter cutting of their flight, as in the south where they've agreed to multiple cease-fires only to violate them immediately. I doubt they would care enough to look at markings if their transponders give a non-Russian return signal.

As mentioned before, a declared "no-fly" zone would have to be established by non-NATO nations with no skin in the game.
The no fly areas would be clearly indicated and provided to Ukraine and Russia with the understanding of zero-tolerance for incursions and/or "mistakes".

Many nations capable of the mission and plenty of neutral sites to base out of.

So it is entirely possible.

So now the west is trying to "cancel Russia"…

I bet this will be Tucker's next message too.

I wonder if the Aussies could play a lead role in a non-NATO no-fly zone? They have AWACS capability, which will be critical, and are a modern, well-equipped (albeit small) military. However, they could be the nucleus around which other nations could get involved.

I don't think that would work because of their close ties to NATO and the west. Australia is a close ally, and most certainly would stand with NATO.

I don't think that would work because of their close ties to NATO and the west. Australia is a close ally, and most certainly would stand with NATO.

I know...but they aren't NATO. I picked on them because, frankly, nobody else out there has the capability to enforce a no-fly zone. There aren't many nations with AWACS capabilities and the Aussies are the only ones I can think of outside NATO. The only other one, who both sides might trust, would be Israel but I don't see Tel Aviv allowing its forces to deploy to Ukraine as that might open the door for hostile action by Iran and others.

Actually, it's even more bizarre. Russian encrypted comms system "Era" was reliant on the ground cellular network. But at the same time, some RF units were given orders to destroy cellular towers in Ukraine in the first days of the invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread