"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now that Ukraine has a fighter aircraft that is plug-n-play compatible with nearly the entire NATO weapons catalogue I can't wait to see what ordinance is deployed. Hopefully NATO does not see this as an opportunity to donate primarily older, nearly-expired guided bombs and missiles.

Now that Ukraine has a fighter aircraft that is plug-n-play compatible with nearly the entire NATO weapons catalogue I can't wait to see what ordinance is deployed. Hopefully NATO does not see this as an opportunity to donate primarily older, nearly-expired guided bombs and missiles.

They still work. They still kill people and break things, and I'm not sure the Russians are so up on tech that those older NATO weapons are useless. Better to fire them off than to recycle them under HAZMAT regs and so on.

NATO won't supply dangerous ammunition as transportation would also put their soldiers in danger. That's rather North Korean style, Russians complain a lot about this dangerous ammo they got from them. Many premature explosions and burst artillery barrels are reportly causing deaths amongst them.

In some respects this war is like a snapshot of what WW3 might have looked like in Central Germany in the late '70s/'80s...though with overlays of WW1 and Modern drone combat...:crazy:

Just listened to the podcast "the echo of MH17". It's a commemorative podcast about the shooting down of Malesian Airways MH17 on July 17th 2014 by a Russian Buk missile and killing all, amongst which almost 200 innocent Dutch passengers. It reminds me that we have also been on the receiving side of Russian aggression. When I then hear some of our populist politicians questioning why we help the Ukraine with these f-16s while "we should not be involved in someone else's war", my blood starts to boil. We've been involved since Russia murdered 200 of our countrymen exactly 10 years ago. Ukraine, please use those F-16s and Leopard 2's well.

Many Australians, and others, share your grief which should not make it any less.

Hopefully with lessons learnt from previous offensive....and lots of Western backing.

There was a "joke' I saw recently, I thought on quotes and jokes here but can not find it, that said something like

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it and those who study history are doomed to helplessly watch it repeat

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back