"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last edited:
Yeah - a command center with an "armored car in the area".

Translated to: "we targeted a farmhouse, killing all the civilians taking refuge inside".

Meanwhile, more winning by Russia:

I was told by a friend who is partially deaf that some NATO countries are offering to supply airbases to the AFU for the F-16s so long as they do not attack inside Russia.

I have not seen this so - is he correct or is his deafness causing him to misunderstand something?

From what I've read, their F-16s will be (mostly) based in Romania for operations and in Poland for maintenance.
The ones operating in Ukraine proper will be operating from different airfields, much like how they did to protect their MiG-29s in the early days of the war.

And as a note of interest, Putin has stated that ANY Ukrainian F-16s detected at any NATO airbase will be a legitimate target.

So...that should make things interesting...

Totally agree with this apart from one sentence I would change.
'If he were to get involved it will almost certainly lead to his downfall or even to Putin taking over the country (If Putin can spare the forces) proper. Either way he loses.'

I cannot help wondering. Ukraine wouldn't have launched this operation into Russia without being confident of supporting it from air attack. Yes they have brought significant anti air defences along with them, but that alone has never been sufficient by itself.
I am wondering if even the threat of F16's with modern ECM and missiles, combined with the data link to the ASC 890 AEW aircraft that Sweden supplied, is making a difference.

Ukraine has something up it's sleeve and they have been tight-lipped about it.

However, actions speak louder than words - case in point:
They have been systematically eliminating Russian Air defence and radar systems in the Crimea region for a while, with activity increasing latelely.
This leads me to suspect that the main objective just may be Crimea.

Ukraine plays smart and they wouldn't just invade Russia proper out of the blue without having a bigger purpose.

The numbers are telling: they invaded with only about 1,000 troops (with a smaller reserve held back) and a small amount of AFVs - this is not a large scale operation.

Most of us have pet theories and strategies. Perhaps someone here might even have some actual inside knowledge.
I'm clueless. I think this is a bit of serendipity. I think what started out as a diversion worked out better than planned. With nothing but the "William J. Lepetomane Thruway" toll booth in their way, the AFU said "WTF". It's gonna' be hard for putin getting a dozen brigades to the forward edge of battle of area in Luhanka (Scooby Doo) vans. The railroad lines will be cut leading there. The Russian railroad system is shaky to begin with. The Russians are still attacking in the Donbas and Luhansk but they got to redeploy, unless they can't. Are transport issues determining Russian counter moves?

lol. for the non-ridiculous Americans here, Mel Brooks is the American variant of Monty Python:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbWg-mozGsU&t=2s
I'm a ridiculous American, and I loves me my absurdities.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin cast the Ukrainian attack — which military analysts say caught the Kremlin off-guard — as a major provocation."

"Russian Human Rights Commissioner Tatyana Moskalkova said she had sent an appeal to the United Nations demanding it condemn Ukraine's actions in Kursk.
In a Telegram post, Moskalkova said she was asking the UN Human Rights commissioner to "take measures to prevent gross mass violations of human rights."

Last edited:
They have been systematically eliminating Russian Air defence and radar systems in the Crimea region for a while, with activity increasing latelely. This leads me to suspect that the main objective just may be Crimea.
My hope is surprise amphibious assault. Putin would look like an idiot to the Russian people if Ukraine gains a foothold on Crimea.

I'm suggesting a modern, but secret conversion of merchant ships to LST. A dozen ship sail from Odessa, declared as grain carriers under foreign flags. But at the last moment, while under F-16 and drone cover the ships hoist the Ukrainian flag and turn for Crimea!

Here's a beach in Crimea this summer, but with a dozen such ships. Once she stops, the disguised bow doors open and AFU tanks, AFVs, assault troops and engineering/support units pour out.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLOXIIi5-24&pp=ygUdQ2FyZ28gc2hpcCBjcmFzaGVzIG9udG8gYmVhY2g%3D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread