"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tomahawk or similar weapons could be given under certain conditions, including the ban on targeting RF territory. The first batch of Javelins was kept far away from the front line in Donbas and its combat usage was not allowed until the end of 2021, as far as I know. Therefore potential "fallout" is not an obstacle.

As for the Belgorod oil depot, my "gut feeling" is that it was our mission and it was fully authorised. By the way, it was not denied. The official MoD announcement was "we do not confirm and we do not deny" and "Russian Federation is responsible for the safety accidents in its territory".
if so this Mi24's crews are real "cossacks" for me ...

I was watching a CNN YT vid. A retired general who was giving commentary said he's seen reports of Russians mining the Black Sea off Bulgaria and Romania. That's kind of vague but anyone else hear of this?

These shots were taken at Key West. We fought Top Gun Hornets and MiG-29s. One of my two top TDYs ever. The Germans were world class good guys, and we had a blast. Many brain cells were consumed and no alcohol was hurt…

I took the first shot after doing ACM. The second shot was taken by Sgt Withers, of which another was on the cover of the Air Force magazine. We were flying over Ft Jackson, located about 270/60 off NAS Key West tacan.

Here is yours truly on the cover of the Rolling Stone, okay just the USAF magazine…

And I did buy five copies for my mother.

You, sir, just won the Internet for today. F**kin' A.

These shots were taken at Key West. We fought Top Gun Hornets and MiG-29s. One of my two top TDYs ever. The Germans were world class good guys, and we had a blast. Many brain cells were consumed and no alcohol was hurt…

I took the first shot after doing ACM. The second shot was taken by Sgt Withers, of which another was on the cover of the Air Force magazine. We were flying over Ft Jackson, located about 270/60 off NAS Key West tacan.

Here is yours truly on the cover of the Rolling Stone, okay just the USAF magazine…

And I did buy five copies for my mother.

More Pics or it didn't happen…

:lol:

Looking at some open source blogs on Russian losses, the scale is immense:

(Bear in mind these are minimum losses, as confirmed by pictures/videos)

Tanks: 201 confirmed destroyed, 42 confirmed abandoned 176 confirmed captured
AFVs: 131 destroyed, 32 abandoned, 116 captured
IFVs and APCs (tracked and wheeled): 252 destroyed, 48 abandoned, 194 captured
Artillery (tube and missile, towed and self-propelled): 56 destroyed, 25 abandoned, 87 captured
SPAA & SAM: 27 destroyed, 10 abandoned, 17 captured
Fixed wing aircraft: 19 fighters and 3 transports destroyed
Helicopters: 19 attack helicopters and 20 transport helicopters

Against this, the Ukranian General Staff put Russian losses as:

Tanks: 644 tanks
Other armored combat vehicles: 1,830;
Tube artillery: 325
Missile artillery: 105 MLR systems;
Air defense vehicles: 54;
Aircraft: 143
Helicopters: 134
UAVs: 89;
Ships: 7;
Other vehicles: 1,249 vehicles, 76 fuel tank trucks, 24 units of special equipment, and 4 mobile SRBM systems.

Even if Russia's actual losses are only half way between the Ukranian claims and the open source confirmed losses that's still north of 525 tanks, 1300 armoured vehicles, 250 artillery and missile systems, 80 fixed wing aircraft and 85 rotary wing aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back