"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again."

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm just thinking that, ya' know, he's been kinda cavalier about losses so far. I just see him inadvertently setting up a radioactive border with Ukraine while cleverly maneuvering behind his own lines.

He will also be reducing the Russian Army's payroll in response to the West's Special Economic Re-Bureautization that accidentally included Russia's loot.

A threadreader series of tweets. It's an interesting analysis.

Completely retaking the Donbas from the separatists is probably a more realistic goal than Crimea. As GG notes, the physical geography and the lack of a significant naval presence keeps the Crimea secure in Comrade Putin's hands.

Completely retaking the Donbas from the separatists is probably a more realistic goal than Crimea.
In a way Russia has done Ukraine a favour, since there's no way Ukraine could have attempted to take the Donbas region militarily before without Russia attacking and likely the West muttering about Kiyv destabilizing the region. Now, Russia's already in the fight, the world recognizes the Donbas as Ukrainian territory, and Ukranin may have the ability to once and for all retake the region.

What would happen if tomorrow Russia rolls tanks into Latvia? Article 5, I know, but would NATO reaction be? All out attack on Russian military forces world wide, or just a stomping of whatever tanks and men have rolled into Latvia?

What would happen if tomorrow Russia rolls tanks into Latvia? Article 5, I know, but would NATO reaction be? All out attack on Russian military forces world wide, or just a stomping of whatever tanks and men have rolled into Latvia?
You mean with the invisible tanks lining the border today? Evidence of an intended invasion by land would become apparent over several weeks/months. Plenty of time for NATO to build up in kind.

With what? The major share of their active armed forces are bogged down in the south.

NATO reaction should the Russians be that dumb would likely to be to stamp out the brush fire in the Baltics, and then impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine, as hostilities have already been commenced by the Russians and the NFZ gets a pass after attacking NATO.

It'd be a foolish move by the Russians and guarantee their defeat on both fronts.

World-wide, I'd think NATO would consider blockading all Russian ports, at the very most, rather than opening active combat fronts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back