"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After saying initially the warship was afloat, late on Thursday Russian state media broke the news that the Moskva had been lost.

"While being towed ... towards the destined port, the vessel lost its balance due to damage sustained in the hull as fire broke out after ammunition exploded. Given the choppy seas, the vessel sank," state news agency Tass quoted the Russian defence ministry as saying.

Probably the largest warship lost in combat since 1945. If the Russians are admitting it, I'll assume it's true.

Yep at 12,000 tons (per wiki) she was bigger that 9500-ton General Belgrano (former USS Phoenix). I'm not aware of any other larger combat losses.

(CT's about USS Scorpion don't count. )

We'll….hang on a minute. The 9500 ton displacement for Belgrano was the empty figure. Fully loaded was 12,242tons. Now, Moskva was 3ft longer and 7ft wider than Belgrano.

I wish the Ukies had a couple of Kilos. They'd make a right mess of the Russians.

One thing we've seen in this war is that the Ukrainians make the most of what they have. That bespeaks fighting spirit, I'll throw a hammer at your ass sort of spirit.

All the more reason to keep a continual flow of arms and support -- fuel, food, ammo -- to help, even if concerns about WWIII prevent direct involvement from the West.

Of course I'd like to be on an active flightline helping out, but that's not in the cards.

All the more reason to keep a continual flow of arms and support -- fuel, food, ammo -- to help, even if concerns about WWIII prevent direct involvement from the West.
It's the poor chaps surrounded and besieged in in Mariupol that need weapons and reinforcements. Some sort of parachute drop or delivery from the sea?

Users who are viewing this thread