"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But the systems are not available. It will take months...
Google translated:
"The federal government has dampened expectations that the Iris-T air defense system announced by Chancellor Olaf Scholz (SPD) will be quickly delivered to Ukraine. "Yes, that takes months," said Federal Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock (Greens) on Wednesday in the Bundestag. Accordingly, the system manufactured by the Diehl armaments company should actually "go to another country". At the request of the federal government, it is now being delivered to Ukraine."

From this article:

On the state TV show 60 Minutes, host Olga Skabeeva announced: "I have some unpleasant news... Even though we are methodically destroying the weapons that are being delivered [to Ukraine], but the quantities in which the United States are sending them force us to come up with some global conclusions. Perhaps it's time to acknowledge that maybe Russia's special operation in Ukraine has come to an end, in a sense that a real war had started: WWIII. We're forced to conduct the demilitarization not only of Ukraine, but of the entire NATO alliance."

Your forces seem to have their hands full at the moment, pal. Best not to be counting your chickens before they hatch.

I'm sure its just saber rattling. Of course, who knows how Putler will act the closer he gets to taking his last breath.
The Russians can't tackle Ukraine, how can they think they can next or even simultaneously invade Poland and the Baltic Reps? NATO would stomp them.

One thing this does is likely expedite Finland and Sweden to join NATO. When will that take effect?

They are losing contact with reality. Maybe, it's not bad.
Hermann Goering was not stupid, but at a certain point, he began to talk about Americans who were able to make refrigerators and razors but not airplanes...

They are losing contact with reality. Maybe, it's not bad.
Hermann Goering was not stupid, but at a certain point, he began to talk about Americans who were able to make refrigerators and razors but not airplanes...

And thats the problem A Admiral Beez , when someone looses contact with reality they will act irrationally.

Has any deal been cut with Taycep yet?

The news I've read the last couple of days, it seems like he's dug his heels in more. His demands seem to be the extradition of some Kurds to his jurisdiction and dropping the arms-embargo. I'm not sure, personally, whether both these conditions can or will be met.

At this point, Putin may as well have a seat in Brussels.

Turkey's always been a useless ally and pseudo-European rump. The Brits and allies should have kept both sides of the Bosporus in 1919.

Turkey's always been a useless ally and pseudo-European rump. The Brits and allies should have kept both sides of the Bosporus in 1919.

Agree with your first point, not sure about the second. Turkey's always been a problem child, but retaining the Straits may well have pushed Turkey into Germany's arms for WWII, which would likely change both the war in the Med as well as Germany's supply of rare metals needed for their armaments factories.

Regarding German lethal support for Ukraine:

Scholz said Germany had been "delivering continuously since the beginning of the war", pointing to more than 15 million rounds of ammunition, 100,000 grenades and over 5,000 anti-tank mines sent to Ukraine since Russia invaded it on Feb. 24.

Ammo's very useful in a war. Could they do more? Probably. But they've got their hands full respooling their own production for their own forces, I think. Corrections, as always, are welcomed.

Thanks - first I have seen M113s towing anything. Mind you, the first image is not towing but rather putting the howitzer inside the M113.

Same basic story here:

Users who are viewing this thread