"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

https://defence24.pl/
well informed polish portal close enough to the officials and polish defense industry - there is also english version of this

And thanks as well to you. I hope you understand I wasn't trying to denigrate the Polish support for Ukraine, which in both arms and materiel as well as refugee support has been magnificent. I just like reading stuff for myself. :)

And thanks as well to you. I hope you understand I wasn't trying to denigrate the Polish support for Ukraine, which in both arms and materiel as well as refugee support has been magnificent. I just like reading stuff for myself. :)
np - you have asked and i've answered, i hope you have found what you have searched. Be aware that this portal is close enough to official sources to contain some doze of "official propaganda" as well :D

slightly, new com gear with digital combat radio, digital internal communication system, pretty decent thermal sight, most important - serious part of this tanks have been recently overhauled as a stop gap measure to equip newly formed mechanized division
Thanks. I was assuming there would be some changes.

With 1.6 bln total military aid, Poland is most probably number 1 today if measured by total to GDP or total to own military budget. Polish effort is impressive.

They should have. But probably it was MANPADS.
in full equipment version both Grom and Piorun MANPADS may be equipped with IFF system, but it is working only with compatible aircraft equipment

1654605713481.png

KYIV/DRUZHKIVKA, Ukraine, June 7 (Reuters) - Ukrainian troops battled Russians street-to-street in the ruins of Sievierodonetsk on Tuesday, trying to hold onto gains from a surprise counter-offensive that had reversed momentum in one of the bloodiest land battles of the war.

[...]

After withdrawing from nearly all the city in the face of the Russian advance, Ukrainian forces staged a surprise counter-attack last week, driving the Russians from a swath of the city centre. Since then, the two armies have faced off across boulevards, both claiming to have inflicted huge casualties.

[...]

Before Ukraine's counter-offensive, Russia had seemed on the verge of encircling Ukraine's garrison in Luhansk province, attempting to cut off the main road to Sievierodonetsk and its twin city Lysychansk across the Siverskiy Donets river.

But following the counter-offensive, Zelenskiy made a surprise visit to Lysychansk on Sunday, personally demonstrating that Kyiv still had an open route to its troops' redoubt.

Stinger and STARStreak MANPADS have the ability to be fitted with IFF also, but as with the Grom and Piorun, they would have to be modified for use with the Ukrainian IFF sets. I do not know how easily that can be done - if they use interrogator/identifier encryption it might not be practical without replacing important parts of one or both IFF units.

Stinger-IFF comonents.jpg

Last edited:
To A Admiral Beez 's point upthread about Iron Dome:

JERUSALEM -- Ukraine's ambassador is urging Israel to sell its Iron Dome rocket interception system and provide anti-tank missiles to defend civilians against Russia's invasion.

Yevgen Korniychuk on Tuesday stopped short of accusing Israel of blocking the sale of the missile defense system. But he wants the Israeli government to back up its verbal support for Ukraine with military assistance. At a news conference in Tel Aviv, he said Ukraine wants to buy the Iron Dome system, contending that the United States would not oppose such a sale.

The United States has been financially supporting Israel's Iron Dome for about a decade, providing about $1.6 billion for its production and maintenance, according to the Congressional Research Service. The system is designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets fired into Israel.

Korniychuk also said Israel last week declined a U.S. request for Germany to deliver Israeli-licensed "Spike" anti-tank missiles to Ukraine.

Israel has limited its support for Ukraine to humanitarian aid and was the only country operating a field hospital inside the country earlier in the year. Israel fears helping Ukraine militarily would inflame Russia, which has a military presence in neighboring Syria. Israel, which carries out frequent strikes on enemy targets in Syria, relies on Russia for security coordination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back