"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What happens tomorrow if Russia shoots missiles into Finland and Sweden before the Alliance is signed?

I bet that would accelerate the two nations' accession into NATO. The war won't widen immediately, but the Russians will now have fewer munitions which are needed in Ukraine, and have an angry northern frontier that will need guarding in Putin's mind. The Baltic will almost certainly be closed to Russian ships trying to exit the Skaggerak, as well.

What happens tomorrow if Russia shoots missiles into Finland and Sweden before the Alliance is signed?
I can't say for surw about Sweden, but Finland would most likely send missiles back.

Russia seems to forget that Finland is a charter member of the "f**k around and find out" club.

If Russia attacks Finland you can figure a couple of things:

Russia will have ~30 important road and railroad bridges on the Russian side of the Border destroyed within 2-3 days. The terrain between the major developed roadways and railways are just as problematic for off road movement today as they were in the Winter War and WWII.

The Russian Baltic Fleet will leave harbour and the Baltic before the attack and not be able to return for the duration, or it will be rendered immobile in harbour for the duration by Finland (and now probably its allies).

Kaliningrad will be totally cut off from Russia by sea (and air?), with Lithuanian monitored civilian movement oneway toward Russia and only empty trains or food trains back to Kaliningrad to reload.

Russia will have to withdraw its forces from Ukraine in order to prosecute operations against Finland, partly due to lack of manpower and partly due to due to lack of logistic support.

Russia will face the armed forces of a country that has considered a Russian attack the only real threat to its security for the last 60 years or so, and has planned its response accordingly.

Also see "The View From Finland: 'The Russian Garrisons Have Been Emptied. They Don't Have Anything'" for the view from Finland.

Last edited:
Interesting bit of info that I did not see posted already.

Russia has been engaging in serious cyberattacks against Lithuania for the last few days. It does not sound like the attacks have been too problematic so far. Any one have any more solid info?

Last edited:
I can't say for surw about Sweden, but Finland would most likely send missiles back.

Russia seems to forget that Finland is a charter member of the "f**k around and find out" club.
Planning and wider thinking aren't Russia's strong suits. Putin promised consequences for Finland and Sweden. His only chance to hit them is now.

So, Will we see a 'Sumner war'???

I really hope that Russia spend all his troops in his attempts in EU, US destroys Islamic terrorists bases and infrastructures in ME, and our people start a fierce street fight to topple down the f**king traitor's regime!

Without the Russian and Terrorists support, the IRGC is like a rat fleeing from a sinking ship.

From the NATO summit this morning:

Specifically, the president announced plans to permanently headquarter U.S. Army V Corps in Poland, add a rotational brigade in Europe stationed in Romania and increase rotational deployments to the Baltic states — moves that will bolster forces on NATO's easter flank.

Biden also said that the U.S. would send two more F-35 squadrons to the United Kingdom and add air defense and other capabilities in Germany and Italy. The president also highlighted plans to send two additional Navy destroyers to Spain, an announcement he made the day prior.

[...]

The summit saw a major development on its first day when Turkey dropped its objections to Finland and Sweden's membership bids, paving the way for both countries to join the alliance.

The three countries signed a memorandum pledging to deepen counterterrorism cooperation, in a nod to Ankara's stated concerns about Finland and Sweden not doing enough to crack down on the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), a group identified as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and European countries.

MOSCOW June 29 (Reuters) - Russia hinted on Wednesday that it had not dropped the idea of seizing Western-owned assets and businesses in the country, as a top official sharply criticised governments that have hit Moscow with sanctions.

In a combative media briefing, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova warned that Russia was prepared to "act accordingly" if the West decided to use Russia's frozen state assets - chief among them being around $300 billion of central bank foreign currency reserves.

[...]

Zakharova called the West's move to freeze the assets - imposed in response to Moscow sending tens of thousands of troops into Ukraine on Feb. 24 - a violation of international law.

Where was this deep concern for international law on 24 Feb?

Biden also said that the U.S. would send two more F-35 squadrons to the United Kingdom and add air defense and other capabilities in Germany and Italy.
I think the RN needs more USMC F-35Bs asap, same as CSG21 when HMS QE sailed to the Far East with the USMC backstopping the small FAA F-35B force.

HMS QE and PoW are now deploying to counter Russia with almost no strike aircraft due to Britain having less than two dozen F-35Bs onhand, less one dumped into the Mediterranean.

Last edited:
I think the RN needs more USMC F-35Bs asap, same as CSG21 when HMS QE sailed to the Far East with the USMC backstopping the small FAA F-35B force.

HMS QE and PoW are now deploying to counter Russia with almost no strike aircraft due to Britain having less than two dozen F-35Bs onhand, less one dumped into the Mediterranean.

What's the point of building two expensive flattops if you don't procure airplanes to base upon them?

What's the point of building two expensive flattops if you don't procure airplanes to base upon them?
The British have ordered forty-eight F35Bs for their two carriers, receiving the first three almost ten years ago in 2013. But it's taken this long for a total of about twenty four to be delivered, with two understrength squadrons now operating the type. I expect the RAF/FAA won't have their full order of F35Bs (now increased to 75 aircraft, less one lost) onhand until early 2025. Until then the carriers will operate primarily small rotary airwings.

Well, you know how come the Canadians are so nice, don't you?
More Canadians going to Latvia.

Perhaps the Leo2 will make an appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back