"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And the Iranians already see us that way after the previous administration pulled out of JCPOA. While oil money would be an incentive, I doubt it would be enough.

I read a brief article that said the Czech Air Force will be flying protective missions for Slovakia. This is due to a delay in Slovakia receiving new aircraft (F-16s?. I forgot). Mention was made of Slovakia's MiG-29s going to Ukraine. Does anyone any further information on this?
If the MiGs are going to Ukraine, will they be complete aircraft or "parts" in kit form? If Ukraine is getting these planes in kit form, what color should they paint them?

Last edited:

The fact that we have one nation's air force flying cover for another country, each having split apart 30 years ago, says a lot about how Putin's misadventure has pulled NATO together. His threat is uniting nations even as he'd aimed to divide the alliance.

How's that working out for you?

KYIV, July 5 (Reuters) - Russian forces struck targets across Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region on Tuesday to prepare the path for an expected armoured thrust to try to take more territory as the five-month-old war entered a new phase.

The strikes, reported by the region's local governor and the Russian military, followed Moscow's capture of the Ukrainian city of Lysychansk on Sunday, a move that handed it total control of the Luhansk region, one of its main war aims.

Taking full control of Donetsk, the other region in Donbas, the industrialised eastern part of Ukraine that has become the stage of the biggest battle in Europe in generations, is another goal of what Moscow calls its "special military operation."

Ukrainian forces which retreated from Lysychansk at the weekend took up new defensive lines in Donetsk on Tuesday, according to Serhiy Gaidai, the Ukrainian governor of Luhansk.

On the radio here yesterday I heard a retired USMC general commenting that the Russians must be straining the endurance of their men as well as their logistics. I sure hope he's right. I hope the recent tranches of weapons kill enough Russians to render this offensive neutered.

Well, FWIW, the Russians agree with you.

Canada announced at the NATO summit 39 brand new LAVs bound for Ukraine. See post 8302
Good, thanks. I wish we'd get moving though. At this rate the LAVs won't arrive in Poland until end of July by air or late August by sea, followed by some training, meaning they won't be deployed to the front in Ukraine until late September or early October. We should have sent existing CAF LAVs in April with plans to replenish CAF stocks from new production this summer.

It would be good if Canada could send some new production LAV-700 with the CMI-3105 weapon system. But I assume we're sending the usual Bushmaster armed variants.

How about that. What I first read didn't have "military operation" in it. That, I would have remembered. RT might have been the source of the story, though. Wasn't RT an information source for Mr. Sprey's condemnation of the F-35?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Frog