"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (7 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Allegedly a mutiny in a russian unit:

More to the point, a dead Wagner mercenary is better than a live Wagner prisoner, from the Russian perspective. Mercenaries sell services.

When the first armoured vehicles of Russia's invading army reached the heart of Chornobyl nuclear plant on the afternoon of Feb. 24, they encountered a Ukrainian unit charged with defending the notorious facility.

In less than two hours, and without a fight, the 169 members of the Ukrainian National Guard laid down their weapons. Russia had taken Chornobyl, a repository for tonnes of nuclear material and a key staging post on the approach to Kyiv.

The fall of Chornobyl, site of the world's worst nuclear disaster, stands out as an anomaly in the five-month old war: a successful blitzkrieg operation in a conflict marked elsewhere by a brutal and halting advance by Russian troops and grinding resistance by Ukraine.

Now a Reuters investigation has found that Russia's success at Chornobyl was no accident, but part of a long-standing Kremlin operation to infiltrate the Ukrainian state with secret agents.

Five people with knowledge of the Kremlin's preparations said war planners around President Vladimir Putin believed that, aided by these agents, Russia would require only a small military force and a few days to force Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's administration to quit, flee or capitulate.

Through interviews with dozens of officials in Russia and Ukraine and a review of Ukrainian court documents and statements to investigators, related to a probe into the conduct of people who worked at Chornobyl, Reuters has established that this infiltration reached far deeper than has been publicly acknowledged. The officials interviewed include people inside Russia who were briefed on Moscow's invasion planning and Ukrainian investigators tasked with tracking down spies.

Wow, that's gotta be 15' AGL tops.

Used to love doing NOE flight. We would average 25 to 50 ft (tops) usually.

One of my most memorable flights was during Operation Rapid Guardian. We flew Airborne troops all over Kosovo NOE together with Germans, Swiss, Spanish, and Italians. I took this pic of our sister ship (another Blakhawk) and a German Huey from my helicopter.

Awesome flying!

It's funny - this morning I was in a discussion with a commercial drone pilot who got upset because he saw a formation of Blackhawks flying low over San Francisco. He felt they were "hotdogging". I explained to him that an Army WO or higher aren't going to risk their careers "hotdogging" in a populated area, especially a formation of four. I directed him to read FAR 91.119 and let him know that commercial drone operations are at the bottom of the totem pole and just stay out of the way of any manned aircraft, especially military!

I'm thinkin' that if I'm on one of those heloes, my balls are introducing themselves to my lungs, they're crawling up that far.

Agreed. If they were flying low over a populated area they had permission. Most likely for takeoff or landing.

Once upon a lifetime ago I was in a scout platoon in the National Guard. There were three helicopter flights I remember the most.

The first was over the Mississippi River in northern Minnesota. I remember sitting on the edge of the Huey and looking down at the bald eagles flying below us.

The next was at Ft. Mcoy and a very young butter bar asked the Vietnam vet CW4 to fly the insertion "for real". That was a hell of a roller coaster

Last was playing door gunner on a Blackhawk at Hohenfels while on a tour with the OpFor there. Leaning out with only the M-60 and the harness while popping miles/blanks at the trainees while we flew at NOE altitude was worth cleaning those dog machine guns

Users who are viewing this thread