"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's a good read on how prosecutors are working to ID the Russians responsible for the Bucha murders.

Also note that in Putin's quote, he refers to Russia as the "Fatherland".

Interesting...

Here's a good read on how prosecutors are working to ID the Russians responsible for the Bucha murders.

Also note that in Putin's quote, he refers to Russia as the "Fatherland".

Interesting...

Right, I know they're doing good work that way, I'm just thinking that Russia can recall the criminals in the video and they'd remain outside of any legitimate jurisdiction.

And speaking of war crimes...

It's not clear by reading the comments that this is what it seems. Confirmation bias, where we seek and accept any info that supports what we want to believe, such as the monstrosity of the Russians is strong on social media. I suggest we slow down and verify before reposting from Twitter et al.

One more time….

Last edited:
Note the date on the article you posted and then the date of the video showing PFM-1 mines on the ground.
The better question is, have you made any attempt to verify the accuracy of your post? A quick click through the comments after that Tweet shows several counter claims and misinformation alerts.

Question everything you read, and ask why was a vid or a claim posted onto social media. Or just follow the guide for avoiding misinformation that I posted above. Here's another.

• Apply a critical eye
  • Consider the source
  • Think before sharing
The below extract may apply to many of us.

It's important for people to be critical about information that confirms their beliefs. Social media platforms are optimized for users to "click without thinking," and people are less likely to follow up and verify information that strikes a chord. "If you're feeling a lot of anger, fear or surprise, then that's a sign that you need to stop and be extra careful about whether you forward something or share it because those emotions are usually what short circuits our critical thinking and causes us to to share a lot of the propaganda that's going around,"

Last edited:
July 31 (Reuters) - A senior official in Russian-annexed Crimea accused Ukraine on Sunday of carrying out a drone attack ahead of planned celebrations to mark Navy Day, injuring five and forcing the cancellation of festivities.

The accusation comes hours before Russian President Vladimir Putin is due to oversee Navy Day celebrations in his hometown of St Petersburg and approve Russia's naval doctrine as Moscow presses on with its military intervention in Ukraine.

"An unidentified object flew into the courtyard of the fleet's headquarters," Mikhail Razvozhayev, governor of Sevastopol, home to Russia's Black Sea fleet, wrote on the Telegram messaging app.

"According to preliminary information, it is a drone."

He said Ukraine had decided to "spoil Navy Day for us".

[...]

Razvozhayev said that five employees of the fleet headquarters had been injured in the incident and that the Federal Security Service (FSB) was investigating its circumstances.

"All celebrations have been cancelled for security reasons," Razvozhayev said. "Please remain calm and stay home if possible."

Crashing a party can be fun on occasion.

ETA: lol, ninja'ed by VB.

Another Chechen-Russian war.
Fighters of Sheikh Mansur battalion (anti-Moscow Chechens) defending the Kyiv region.

I see the Express is reporting more Chechen units fighting alongside Ukraine.

"The possibility of the Chechens taking advantage of Putin's forces being tied up in Ukraine to assert their independence is very plausible.""

I can only assume it's a matter of time before the Georgians and Moldavians think the same and rise up. The opportunity of a weakened and distracted Russia does not present itself often, so nows the time. If the Kazakhs then start to grumble Putin's in trouble.

Last edited:
Hell yeah, it's optimistic! Things start falling apart in Orcandia at the same time and putin develops lead poisoning. Xi gets some more doubts. Taiwan is safer. I win the Mega Millions, split it with my wife who then promptly leaves me and GrauGeist gets my jokes.

What were we talking about again?

Last edited:
I see the Express is reporting more Chechen units fighting alongside Ukraine.

"The possibility of the Chechens taking advantage of Putin's forces being tied up in Ukraine to assert their independence is very plausible.""

I can only assume it's a matter of time before the Georgians and Moldavians think the same and rise up. The opportunity of a weakened and distracted Russia does not present itself often, so nows the time. If the Kazakhs then start to grumble Putin's in trouble.
A couple of observations: -

• I am pretty sure I first saw that clip months ago when the fighting first started
  • Take anything the Express says with a significant dose of caution.

Hell yeah, it's optimistic! Things start falling apart in Orcandia at the same time and putin develops lead poisoning. Xi gets some more doubts. Taiwan is safer. I win the Mega Millions, split it with my wife who then promptly leaves me and GrauGeist gets my jokes.

What were we talking about again?

Oh, dear, Rob's been hitting the nitrous ... a-gain.

ST PETERSBURG, Russia, July 31 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin on Sunday signed a new naval doctrine which cast the United States as Russia's main rival and set out Russia's global maritime ambitions for crucial areas such as the Arctic and in the Black Sea.

Speaking on Russia's Navy Day in the former imperial capital of St Petersburg founded by Tsar Peter the Great, Putin praised Peter for making Russia a great sea power and increasing the global standing of the Russian state.

After inspecting the navy, Putin made a short speech in which he promised that what he touted as Russia's unique Zircon hypersonic cruise missiles, cautioning that Russia had the military clout to defeat any potential aggressors.

Shortly before the speech, he signed a new 55-page naval doctrine, which sets out the broad strategic aims of Russia's navy, including its ambitions as a "great maritime power" which extend over the entire world.

We're quaking in our boots, Mr Putin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back