"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (8 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe a large consignment of spare parts arrived, allowing the UAF to put a large number of their grounded aircraft back in service.
I see, but I'm referring to the Polish MiG-29s that were planned to go to Ukraine via the US base in Germany.

Did these MiGs ever make it to Ukraine?

Source may be somewhat biased so let's see if western media has something to report/confirm
Thank you for setting a good example. Together we can avoid falling for propaganda from all sides.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...w-to-avoid-spreading-misinformation-1.6366136
  • Apply a critical eye
  • Consider the source
  • Think before sharing
That said, I hope the Ukrainians have scored another maritime success. If only they had a couple of Kilo or other SSKs. There's some submarine chatter....

This looks to be the source of that smoke:

Edited to clear Google's referral.
Not sure how it got in the URL, as I was directly on news.yahoo's website.

Last edited:

How will they get through the Bosporus? I'm pretty sure the Montreux Accord bans warships from active warring parties transiting the Straits.

How will they get through the Bosporus? I'm pretty sure the Montreux Accord bans warships from active warring parties transiting the Straits.
My bad, I was thinking once this war is over. The Turks have banned ALL warships, so even the Bulgarian's plan to buy new German subs will need to wait.

It will be very interesting to see what Ukraine's military looks like by 2032. I imagine the old Soviet-era and much of the hodgepodge of NATO kit will have been replaced by more a more uniform, standardized and streamlined army and air force, along with a new navy fielding at least a pair of AIP SSKs. On the opposite side, god only knows what the Russian military will look like by 2032 - likely still fielding whatever T-72s surived the 2022-28? war with Ukraine.

I'm a big fan of our troops, but really, what gaps in UAF abilities or knowledge is Canada able to fill?

After decades of neglect of the CAF, we don't have any modern kit that if donated would be overly difficult for the UAF to use. One thing we do have is more than a million ethnic Ukrainian-Canadians, like my wife whose grandparents emigrated here between the wars. So we likely have at least a few hundred fluently Ukrainian speaking soldiers to choose a training contingent from.

Canada's UkrainIans are big supporters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread