"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a day... Multiple explosions in three locations in the occupied territories.
Distances to the frontline, according to Deepstatemap:
Kyrylivka - 127 km, Genichesk - 157 km, Novofedorivka (Crimea) - 207 km.
Until today, the longest-range Ukrainian weapon was Tochka U with (officially announced)110 km.
I was wondering about that. It starting to look as if Logistics is as dangerous a posting as the front line. They cannot all be 'user error' and it implies that the Russian Front line is porous at best

What a day... Multiple explosions in three locations in the occupied territories.
Distances to the frontline, according to Deepstatemap:
Kyrylivka - 127 km, Genichesk - 157 km, Novofedorivka (Crimea) - 207 km.
Until today, the longest-range Ukrainian weapon was Tochka U with (officially announced)110 km.
Indeed. It's clear that if you're an invader within the territory of Ukraine you are no longer untouchable, wherever you are.

This effectively demonstrates that the Russians are not safe anywhere. And puts the whole Black Sea region under threat.

Last edited:
Aftermath of the Saki/Saky airbase strike in Crimea will be interesting to view when the opint satellite photos start filtering out in the next 4 to 6 hours. Videos show at least four (probable) bomb/missile hits, all of which produced significant secondary explosions (three of which were VERY large indeed). Looks like the ammunition dumps and fuel farms were wiped out.

Open source twitterati counted 15 Su-24s, 13 Su-27/30 types, 1 Il-76, a half dozen other fixed wing transport aircraft and six helicopters at the base from satellite imagery taken the morning of the attack. At least three or four aircraft were parked in close proximity (under 50 meters) to munitions buildings or fueling infrastructure.

Did Ukraine receive MGM-140 ATACMS rockets for their MLRS/HIMARS launchers?
Unless they attacked the airbase with aircraft I see no other option to attack at that range

Did Ukraine receive MGM-140 ATACMS rockets for their MLRS/HIMARS launchers?
Unless they attacked the airbase with aircraft I see no other option to attack at that range
Apparently so, if this July Tweet's claims can be verifed.

I look forward to the satellite images once the sun's up over Crimea. Sunrise is 5:40 am, so by 7 am latest we should have a clear picture.

Last edited:
No official delivery of ATACMS yet. US officials commented yesterday that they may be in the next package of armaments. Note the tweet above says they "will be getting" ATACMS. Those M270s were supplied by the UK, and I don't think they've acquired ATACMS yet.

Lots of speculation about what happened right now. An unidentified Ukrainian defense official said "a device exclusively of Ukrainian manufacture was used" for the strike. Read into that what you will. Some military blogs are speculating that Ukraine used up some Grim-2 medium range missiles it had been developing - although there has been no indication the system was anywhere close to operation. Other speculations are: a drone strike from sea launch platforms, similar to the Black Sea Fleet headquarters strike; sea launched Harpoon strike; a good old fashioned commando raid or partisan activity.

Russia is claiming that there was a "self-detonation of munitions" at the base. How considerate. Even Russia's own munitions are against them.

EDIT: Footage/pictures purportedly of Saki Airbase starting to emerge. So far at least one Su-24 and one Su-30 appear damaged beyond repair.

My wife is Ukrainian-Canadian, so I was always a fan, but the Ukrainian people just rock! The last time we saw such underdog success was in the early Arab-Israeli when pre-nuke Israel fought ALL of its neighbours at once and won. When this is over the wife and I will definitely be visiting Ukraine and spending some tourist dollars.

Last edited:
Russia is claiming that there was a "self-detonation of munitions" at the base. How considerate. Even Russia's own munitions are against them.

An article I read referred to smoking cigarettes being a possible cause according to the Russians.

What idiot doesn't know that a flight-line is no-smoking for a reason? Even if the Russian explanation is perfectly true, it bespeaks a very shoddy level of training and/or discipline. It reads like a shitty excuse to me.

Then there was the Moskva, which just according to Moscow, had a fire onboard,.
Then it was ok, with no issues.
Then it was in rough seas but still ok.
Then the entire "crew" filmed being given awards during a review.
Then they reported it "may have" been sunk.

How can anyone one take them seriously?

If they told me the sky was blue, I'd immediately go outside and stare long and hard, just to be sure.

Show me a Russian excuse that wasn't shitty! I mean, really, please...from the excuse for the (not an) invasion, to the "we achieved our objectives and now we're refocusing" form of retreat, to the "the West made us do it." They're all laughable.

Right, the extra adjective was redundant, not to mention repetitive. :)

What idiot doesn't know that a flight-line is no-smoking for a reason?
You reminded me of this smoking officer aboard HMS Ark Royal.

blackburn%2Bsea%2Bskuas%2Bon%2Bhms%2Bark%2Broyal.jpg

An article I read referred to smoking cigarettes being a possible cause according to the Russians.

What idiot doesn't know that a flight-line is no-smoking for a reason? Even if the Russian explanation is perfectly true, it bespeaks a very shoddy level of training and/or discipline. It reads like a shitty excuse to me.
Perhaps they were (and still are) trying to put up a smokescreen ?

No satalite imagery yet of the Saky airbase? All I'm seeing online are the usually tabloid, clickbait sites repeating the same news from yesterday. Is the airfield cratered and aircraft destroyed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back