"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How goes the air war?

Any more word on how the Ukrainian Air Force is doing in the east and south?

If there was ever a time for the nearly nonexistent Russian Air Force to make a contribution it's now. Of course, the UAF will be waiting.

Last edited:
Ukraine is reminding more and more like Israel. When I was there in 2006 I was impressed by the women soldiers everywhere. I will admit I found many to be beautiful, but that's just my young self, and I most felt impressed that the whole nation, women and men were ready to defend their nation and people. It's Sparta like.

How goes the air war?

Any more word on how the Ukrainian Air Force is doing in the east and south?

If there was ever a time for the nearly nonexistent Russian Air Force to make a contribution it's now. Of course, the UAF will be waiting.

That is something puzzled me from the very beginning.
I expected Russia to wipe-out Ukrainian AF from the very start.
I already said Russians where incompetents because UAF was still flying after the first weekend, but I expected it to be gone after a few weeks (a few months asuming maximum level of incompetence).
Never I would have imagined that UAF will still be operational after 8 months of war and that RUAF would be mostly missing from Ukrainian airspace.

The rusians are on the run. Good. But the Ukrainis need to be careful pursuing them so they don't run in a trap or overstretch/expose their supply lines.
Agreed.

But easier to say than to do. Apparently this part of the front has collapsed. Russians are leaving faster than Ukrainias can advance. And they advance lightning fast. Most settlements or cities have been reported to be "liberated" with no fighting.

The rusians are on the run. Good. But the Ukrainis need to be careful pursuing them so they don't run in a trap or overstretch/expose their supply lines.
A good advice but I can not see how this could be a trap or how could Ukrainia overstrech or get their supply lines exposed, specially with the absence of the RuAF.

Back in 1943 at least the Luftwaffe saved the day sometimes when entire fronts colapsed.

Today, the only way I could see of estabilizing the front by the russian forces is when the ukrainians reach the border and stop.

KYIV, Ukraine — Western defense officials and analysts on Saturday said they believed Ukraine had punched through Russian front lines south of the country's second-largest city, taking thousands of square miles of territory and threatening to cut off Russian supply lines.

[...]

A Washington-based think tank likewise referenced sweeping Ukrainian gains on Saturday, estimating that Kyiv has seized around 2,500 square kilometers (965 square miles) in its northeastern breakthrough.

The Institute for the Study of War said in a report that it appeared that "disorganized Russian forces (were) caught in the rapid Ukrainian advance." They cited social media images of apparent Russian prisoners seized in the advance around Izyum and surrounding towns.

The same report said that Ukrainian forces "may collapse Russian positions around Izyum if they sever Russian ground lines of communication" north and south of the town.

[...]

The Ukrainian military was more circumspect about the reported gains, claiming in its regular update Saturday to have taken "more than 1,000 square kilometers" (386 square miles) from pro-Kremlin forces since the launch of its long-awaited counteroffensive this week.

Ukraine is reminding more and more like Israel. When I was there in 2006 I was impressed by the women soldiers everywhere. I will admit I found many to be beautiful, but that's just my young self, and I most felt impressed that the whole nation, women and men were ready to defend their nation and people. It's Sparta like.

When I visited Israel on business quite a while ago, I was surprised to see soldiers on the side of the road wearing fatigues & carrying submachine guns-- hitching a ride. We are always warned about picking up hitch-hikers but for them it was perfectly normal.

Multiple rumors that the Armed Forces of Ukraine have entered Lysychansk city of Luhansk Oblast.
Russians abandoning Vovchansk (north of Kharkiv) and moving headquarters to Belgorod (Russia) as a gesture of goodwill.
Russian Ministry of Defense states that Russian military is withdrawing from Izyum-Balakliya to reinforce Donetsk

Looks like Russians are collapsing faster than people can tweet about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back